NOFX singer Fat Mike Hits and Kicks a Fan

I was at both shows. The wednesday one where this incident happened. And last nights.

Last night they got the kid back in, he sung linoleum with them, nofx had a custom shirt made for him, door tickets and some beers.

Its all good from both sides and this is a nothing story

definitely dicky on Fat Mike's part.. push the guy/get him off you.. fine.

kicking him in the face as he is on the ground is 100% unacceptable.

I am a NOFX fan, 10 years ago I was all about the way Fat Mike acts, thought it was entertaining and funny. Not so much as I have gotten older. Dude gets away with a lot more than he should.

I see everything that was done at the second show as more of a PR move, not just Fat Mike actually feeling bad.. but who knows.

i think the kick to the head was a little overboard but i really dont blame him at all.

He had publicly stated multiple times during the show that his neck was fucked up and the crowd kept chucking beers at him, one of which hitting him directly in the face and then out of nowhere someone runs up and is yanking on his neck.

Id be pissed too and probably act not to dissimilar in his situation in the heat of the moment.

Kids fine and got hooked up. End of story.

No joke, when I attempted to post this (1 day ago, thanks Shenanigans, wink wink), I had only seen the video on TMZ, not the commentary. I never posted it. That link didn't work, so I grabbed the next one. I thought that's what this video was. Didn't know anything about his neck. So after everything, it wasn't quite as dicky. And it seems to have been made right.

I love NOFX. I love Fat Mike. And I think that the kick to the face was a (steel?) toe across the line, but that's just me. I get the concerns re: Dimebag, and Mike was right to slug the kid or fuck him up however to get him off, but kicking him in the face was just unnecessary. That being said, you shouldn't even go to a punk show and expect to leave without a kick to the face. You especially shouldn't get onstage and harass a musician and expect to leave without a kick to the face.

People are getting real mad over fuckin' nothing. On facebook pages like Hardcore Old School and I Love Powerviolence, I'm seeing a bunch of fucking As I Lay Dying pussies talking about how this was a dick move on Mike's part. What?

Gotta say it was pretty cool to see "Fat Mike" trending on facebook yesterday, but by that time it was old news. Ben Weasel's response gave me a laugh too.

And finally, I would totally let Mike fuckin punt me in the head if it meant I got to hang out with him and the guys and have that t-shirt. That shit is cool. (Would have been even better if he had interrupted "the Brews" instead of "Linoleum" but you take the wins with the kicks to the face, I guess.)