Cartoons thread!

Anyone here into Flapjack, Adventure Time, etc. that hasn't seen Over The Garden Wall yet needs to.

It's a mini-series that just finished on Cartoon Network a few weeks ago.

There was a vinyl of the soundtrack in the press kit and it make me mad I can't find it:

I fuckin' love cartoons, has anyone mentioned Freakazoid? That shit was awesome. 

I can't even name all the cartoons I've loved voer the years, I know I'll miss some in this list but...

Early childhood into even now:

Rugrats, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, Hey Arnold, basically anything on Nickelodeon....

Now and always:

Adventure Time

Invader Zim

Archer

Venture Bros

Bob's Burgers

Rick and Morty

Gravity Falls

There's just too many. But god damn if they aren't great.

I can't even name all the cartoons I've loved voer the years, I know I'll miss some in this list but...

Early childhood into even now:

Rugrats, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, Hey Arnold, basically anything on Nickelodeon....

Now and always:

Adventure Time

Invader Zim

Archer

Venture Bros

Bob's Burgers

Rick and Morty

Gravity Falls

There's just too many. But god damn if they aren't great.

Ever seen Clone High?

Ever seen Clone High?

Haha I've never seen  it! Is it done by the guy who drew Dexters Lab or Powerpuff girls?  Seriously similar drawing styles if not...

EDIT: 

Hmm I see they state Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack animations as inspiration. Crazy.

I LOVE the Scrubs connection though. Bill Lawrence directing and Zach, Donald, and Sarah all doing voices? Yeah I'm going to have to watch this. Thanks for the rec!

There was a vinyl of the soundtrack in the press kit and it make me mad I can't find it:

Holy shit, I need this.

edit: there are two copies on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartoon-Network-OVER-THE-GARDEN-WALL-Press-Kit-Story-Book-DVD-Music-/381059059566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b8e3cf6e

Has anyone else checked out Manly yet? Supposedly Jesse is going to make more episodes, there is just one right now. If you haven't yet, check it!

Jesse Moynihan is one of my favorite writers/artists lately in the realm of cartoons and comics. He's one of the major storyboarders on Adventure Time.

He also has a webcomic called Forming at jessemoynihan.com and has written some other comics, some pseudo-autobiographical. (I think they're on the same site.) Forming is on hiatus at the moment.

My favorites are a lot of the classic stuff that I probably shouldn't have grown up on, but did anyway. Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, all those mgm Tex Avery shorts, etc. even the older stuff from the van buren, fleischer, ub Iwerks studios... Basically anything 1930's-1950's. Aside from the cultural references everything is still fresh 70 years later. The style of the animation was so much more fluid and detailed than a lot of the stuff I see being produced today - like artwork - and while I'm sure the new mainstream stuff is enjoyable, most of it reminds me more of late 90's homebrew flash animation than anything else. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyone interested in animation history should pay a visit to Jerry Beck's blog.

• 3 weeks later...