ANNOUNCEMENT: William Elliott Whitmore to release "Early Years" vinyl box set in early December

no official announcement yet, but yesterday William Whitmore posted some pretty exciting news on facebook:

A message from Team Whitmore. William has been working on the insert for The Early Years box set

Available soon at http://williamelliottwhitmore.com/

Stay Tuned!

From William about the box set release:
I’ll be releasing an LP set of my first 3 albums, “Hymns for the Hopeless”, “Ashes to Dust”, and “Song of the Blackbird”, in Early December! They've been re-recorded and re-mastered for your listening pleasure, each on 180 gram vinyl, including download codes. Limited edition run of 500 copies. These will be available from this website or from me at a show.

1508589_10152490811033715_27245266814115

hoping this is on black wax and does not cost as much as i think it will! also curious about him saying the albums were not only remastered but "rerecorded." 

I've always put off buying his records for some reason. I'll be in for this. 

same. someone was selling "song of the blackbird" here a few months ago for dirt cheap - no idea why i passed on it. one of my all-time favorite albums for sure. 

saw him with City and Colour when they were touring after Bring Me Your Love - thaaaaaaat was a show and a half. 

I have all of the albums in question, but the mention of them being 're-recorded' has swayed me into purchasing this.

hoping, recording-wise, it's something similar to how Dave Hause handled that 7" series a couple years back.

I like the idea of WEW, possibly, giving new life to older tracks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this arrived in the mail yesterday and had a damaged corner...no big deal...nice packaging and comes with a DL card...cleaned them and spun one album so far...I am extremely impressed with the quality of the pressing! It is dead quiet and sounds crystal clear! If you were on the fence about getting this...do it! Absolutey fantastic package for the price and just sounds amazing!

How much was shipping? And what does the "re-recorded" versions sound like in comparison to the originals?

It was $6 for shipping in the US...

Came media mail. Its a trifold and came in a thick plastic jacket. (Not in a box but the trifold is heavy stock) The LPs were in decent sleeves. I always resleeve into mofi after cleaning but it was nice to see the fancier lined sleeves included.

I never had the opportunity to hear the originals so I can not comment if there is any difference.

First / only time I saw WEW was in '05 at a free concert in a venue in Madison WI that doesn't exist anymore when he opened for Murder By Death. Chatted with him for a little bit after the show and remember him being extremely nice but smelled kinda weird and dirty haha.

I also remember it being the same night as when Park played in my tiny hometown because they were friends with my friends' band but left that show early to get up to Madison in time to catch that show. That was a great night. Such fond memories..

I think it was around $5 for shipping...

Came media mail. Its a trifold and came in plastic sleeve and the LPs were in decent sleeves. I always resleeve into mofi after cleaning but it was nice to see the fancier sleeves included.

I never had the opportunity to hear the originals so I can not comment if there is any difference.

Nice. I'll most likely buy it. I love those first 2 albums especially. Hopefully he streams a few songs at some point so I can compare them to the originals.

Nice. I'll most likely buy it. I love those first 2 albums especially. Hopefully he streams a few songs at some point so I can compare them to the originals.

Ya I'm curious if there is any difference. Nice to include a DL card for all 3 also. I just started listening to this artist and am happy I didn't have to hunt down the original presses...

• 2 months later...