"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

Ugh, I wish acoustic sounds didn't charge right away or I would have had space on my card to PO from Luna yesterday.... Still holding out for Bullmoose. Someone said it above, this release is going to be the death of me

Did u use a debit card or something? Every preorder I've ever had from AS (including this one) just had a pre-authorization that disappeared after a day or two. Then they charged my card for real when it shipped.

If more than one pre-order hits, is it gauche to look for trades instead of selling it at purchase price? PS--if either of my pre-orders go through, I'll have a "Third & Seneca" to unload (gold pressing).

If this happens and I don't get my pre-orders for some reason i'll be down to buy this from you. That's really the one that I want, I already have Duk Koo Kim on black

Did u use a debit card or something? Every preorder I've ever had from AS (including this one) just had a pre-authorization that disappeared after a day or two. Then they charged my card for real when it shipped.

Yes, CC

They do that for all pre-orders. The way I understand it (tried to cancel my Biko pre-order, they wouldn't let me) is that they print out shipping labels as soon as orders are received. But considering how limited the release is (and that the alleged release date is 5/2), it's a good sign that it got that far.

Awesome. Did anyone else here get one in at Luna? I used my actual credit card this time since it was a pre-order thinking I would only get charged if receiving one, but the charge is still pending so I guess another 24-48 hours will tell me what the final verdict is.

Awesome. Did anyone else here get one in at Luna? I used my actual credit card this time since it was a pre-order thinking I would only get charged if receiving one, but the charge is still pending so I guess another 24-48 hours will tell me what the final verdict is.

I got an order in at Luna, and they charged my card. Same thing happened with Biko (card charged like 2 months before shipping).

Guy at my local shop walked up to today to let me know that his supplier has the boxset and they've ordered it for me. Hoping that pulls through. If all my local shops between SATX and ATX pull through I may have a few extra copies. If I do I'll let y'all know and I'll hook it up at cost + ship!

Guy at my local shop walked up to today to let me know that his supplier has the boxset and they've ordered it for me. Hoping that pulls through. If all my local shops between SATX and ATX pull through I may have a few extra copies. If I do I'll let y'all know and I'll hook it up at cost + ship!

A+

Dibs

That would be absolutely amazing. 

Let me know! I am in Dallas and will drive to you. :)

Honestly, if he doesn't put an order in before he posts links on the Ten Club forum, it's his own fault.

Oh I alway's do. This is the first time I've had to place pre orders with various record stores online just for a chance to secure a copy. Just one copy. It's tough because Think Indie doesn't distribute outside of the USA, as I live in Canada. If more then one pre order comes through for me I will totally be hooking friends up. :)

Sad Reminders @sadreminders 18h18 hours ago

The Vinyl Films box set is up for pre-order at @lunamusic: http://shop.lunamusic.net/Vinyl-Films-Records-10-Box-Set-p/vinylfilmsbox.htm  (if u missed info on the box set: http://sadreminders.com/post/113546728388/mark-kozelek-and-sun-kil-moon-featured-in-upcoming )

My friend was able to place an order with Luna Music @ 9:08 AM EST yesterday morning for me. Way before this was tweeted.

i ordered it waterloo in ATX but they said they cant promise they'll hold it for me (?). They've pre-ordered many things for me, not sure why this is different. If you get an extra copy please let me know, i can meet you somewhere in town and pay you a little extra for gas or whatever. 

i ordered it waterloo in ATX but they said they cant promise they'll hold it for me (?). They've pre-ordered many things for me, not sure why this is different. If you get an extra copy please let me know, i can meet you somewhere in town and pay you a little extra for gas or whatever.

Well I've been talking to him about it for a few months now and when I first asked for it he didn't even know about it. He told me if they come in I will get one.

Well I've been talking to him about it for a few months now and when I first asked for it he didn't even know about it. He told me if they come in I will get one.

lol man, same here... i've called them like 4 times over the last few months before they finally acknowledged that it was a real product they could order 

I would think bullmoose should be pretty safe based off of my experiences with then coming through.

I just asked them on Twitter and they said looking for it somewhere else "would be a wise thing to do". Sad face. Here's hoping!

If anyone is going to have an extra can I jump in line?

Probably just too late. I preordered with Bull Moose really damn early in the game, and I'm pretty damn confident they'll pull through for me.

I have no idea. They didn't take my order number, so they had no idea if I was the first or the last person to order. I ordered basically the same moment the tweet went out, so I would hope that I'm more toward the front of the line than the back, but I don't know.