"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

Ordered immediately. I still have my local shop holding a copy for me so if they get it in I will be happy to sell to a member of the board at cost.

also, bullmoose rules

Please pass it on to me if this happens! This is what happens when I work a day job and do a Girl Scout fundraising event with my daughter. I miss everything!

I was able to get an order in at 11:15, so fingers crossed!

If you're ever ordering something on Bullmoose that's time sensitive: they're going to try and add extra numbers to the end of your billing address; if it's not on your actual credit card billing statement, beware! It'll bounce back to you. Almost missed it due to that.

I would hope anyone who got an order in before they even announced it on Twitter (around 11:30) will actually get it. Bullmoose always seems to get a good share of Vinyl Film releases. The link was posted on SadReminders at 10:42 so who know how long it was actually up before then. But i doubt most people knew about it until it hit here and then it was removed very shortly after they posted on twitter.

GOD DAMNIT I just saw this thread...is it seriously only available through bull moose? Or was that person joking (I hope)

Hope my local still can get me one...I getting really really really tired of this..

That's definitely NOT the case. Not even sure how bull moose pulled off selling em online because vinyl films was very firm in saying you could only obtain these by ordering through your local indie record store.

That's definitely NOT the case. Not even sure how bull moose pulled off selling em online because vinyl films was very firm in saying you could only obtain these by ordering through your local indie record store.

VF just distributes through Think Indie which works with a ton of local shops. But most of their releases end up for sale at online shops as well. I'd expect these to pop up at a few of the choice stores online similar to the last SKM and Eluvium 10" they sold around black friday. Even the McCready was available online through a few shops. VF has already said that these wont be available directly through them but they do plan on having an online store for new items later this year (like for the represses of all of their soundtracks).

As for how many of these boxes end up available, it appears that at least 19 promo copies made on top of the 500 from a photo posted on facebook.  Also a warehouse on ebay is selling around 40 copies of the McCready clear vinyl from this box. So there are definitely more than 500 clear of each record out there so hopefully all of them get out to shops.