PO: Adventures - Supersonic Home

KJL95

Supersonic Home is streaming!

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/escape-the-code-orange-beatdown-for-90s-influenced-indie-on-the-new-adventures-lp-supersonic-home

They're also playing a few shows with Whirr this spring.

April 4 - Chicago, IL @ Subterranean (w/ Pity Sex)
April 5 - Lansing, MI @  Mac's Bar
April 6 - Lakewood, OH @ Mahall's 
April 7 - Pittsburgh, PA @  Mr. Roboto Project
April 8 - New York, NY @ Baby's All Right
April 9 - Cambridge, MA @ Middle East Upstairs
April 10 - Washington, DC @ DC9
April 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Ortlieb's (early all ages)
April 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Ortlieb's (late +21)
April 12 - Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter

Not trying to be negative but it gets so annoying seeing pages full of "can u get me the special variant" especially when the actual release show is so far away. For I am King all they did was a screen printed cover out of 50 or something. Since the pressing is markedly smaller I assume the same or less for this record release.

Not only that but this album is amazing and I feel there are a lot of aspects with which we could use this thread to discuss :)

I think I'm gonna wait a few days til the record comes in to listen...

For those that didn't there seems to be a distinct difference between the first two EPs and output since, does the LP continue with the newerish sound or are there any callbacks?

the new LP sounds nothing like the first 7"s

Has anyone ever gotten an extra record release of anything for anyone?

I went to Ceremony's Rohnert Park record release with my sister who didn't care for records. She picked up a copy anyway and I was able to sell it to some dude in Canada who had asked me beforehand to try to get one for him. So yeah, it's happened one time.

For those that didn't there seems to be a distinct difference between the first two EPs and output since, does the LP continue with the newerish sound or are there any callbacks?

definitely different  from anything they've put out except maaaybe "Flowing Through," even sounds different  from "Call Me at Night" and "Thin." Definitely added a plethora of new sounds to their wheelhouse. I'd say the main difference is that these songs are less riffy and more chord- based. Also not sure if its just the production quality but the reverby effects featured on Clear My Head With You are very scaled back.

definitely different  from anything they've put out except maaaybe "Flowing Through," even sounds different  from "Call Me at Night" and "Thin." Definitely added a plethora of new sounds to their wheelhouse. I'd say the main difference is that these songs are less riffy and more chord- based. Also not sure if its just the production quality but the reverby effects featured on Clear My Head With You are very scaled back.

Cool thanks guys