PO: Isis - Panopticon (REMASTERED)

Evoke

Noticeably better as far as the MP3s are concerned. I'd describe it as cleaner, crisper, and more dynamic. This was a no-brainer for me... especially after considering how great the Oceanic remaster turned out.

I have the 2002 Oceanic on clear. I don't know how it could sound more dynamic. If we're talking about compressing/brick walling audio in mastering, the original sounds great to my ears.

In regards of these remasters, this is my opinion... For me it's like if those records got a boob job. Some might like them better, some might not. I'm more of the second, I prefer things as they come, with their imperfections,  which is what makes them genuine. But that's just what I prefer, I ordered the shit out of them anyway

In regards of these remasters, this is my opinion... For me it's like if those records got a boob job. Some might like them better, some might not. I'm more of the second, I prefer things as they come, with their imperfections, which is what makes them genuine. But that's just what I prefer, I ordered the shit out of them anyway

I can see what you mean, and I share a similar sentiment. It's why I'm not parting with my older press[es] or my original MP3s – even if those Oceanic drums are muddy and significantly less crisp than the new remaster, they still make Oceanic what it is. (Which is a classic, as far as I'm concerned.) Having the option to revisit each master is quite nice.

I still wonder from time to time how much more (if possible) I'd love this band if every album sounded as good, production-wise, as Wavering Radiant. Like if there was somehow a time machine to have them record all their albums the same way they did with WR. It's probably my favorite of theirs for many reasons; and production is part of that. I know the murky production on Oceanic gives it an even more distinguishable identity, but I always wonder.

I still wonder from time to time how much more (if possible) I'd love this band if every album sounded as good, production-wise, as Wavering Radiant. Like if there was somehow a time machine to have them record all their albums the same way they did with WR. It's probably my favorite of theirs for many reasons; and production is part of that. I know the murky production on Oceanic gives it an even more distinguishable identity, but I always wonder.

I share your sentiment EXACTLY! The recording quality on Wavering is impeccable and I'm also still looking for a copy of that. Two deals fell through within the past few months.

I just posted on the other robotic empire thread but I missed out on the translucent blue press! Did anyone pick up an extra copy they would like to pass on?

pretty bummed i missed the blue. if someone is wilingl to sell or trade please PM me!

They are back up on their site! Glad I got a chance to grab one. Kept thinking about this variant for the past day.

The code's been expired for a little bit, unfortunately. Bummed, cause I never went back and made a second order like I wanted too. Just tried again for the hell of it, no dice.

I ended up doing a second order last week, the store was pretty picked over, but I found some stuff.  I need to order this still though.