The Anniversary "Designing a Nervous Breakdown"

dmfay

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Honestly don't think so this band isn't really that popular, In fact if they pressed 5000 I think it would take them years to sell through

This is a terrible statement...of course there would be no sell through on a 5000 copy pressing...the band/records dont call for anywhere near it...Yer Majesty is a solid pressing at anything below 1000-1250 copies with maybe DANB around 1500 max.  Those qtys would survive a bit...

2 minutes ago, mertzrock said:

This is a terrible statement...of course there would be no sell through on a 5000 copy pressing...the band/records dont call for anywhere near it...Yer Majesty is a solid pressing at anything below 1000-1250 copies with maybe DANB around 1500 max.  Those qtys would survive a bit...

Well the original statement was "don't they want to make cash?" there really isn't any big profit in a pressing smaller than that and why many labels choose not reissue back catalog of smaller bands. It's usually a labor of love, and Vagrant seems to only repress stuff they can sell a lot of like The Hold Steady, I'm more surprised they choose not to do the Alkaline Trio reissues. I'm glad these are being repressed, don't get me wrong I just think the only reason these are repressed at all is for merch at the reunion shows 

Most bands around this size....under 1,000 is gonna do.   Most labels are waiting on this vinyl resurgence bubble to burst and are trying to not get stuck sitting on dead-stock inventory of it...I doubt Vagrant is much different.  Physical media has become a niche market.  Where a label does aim to make a little bit of money off of these pressings, there's also a lot of work that goes into it, and if you can make money off of streaming (physical product-free) and let the band make their own money doing merch (shirts ect.) a lot of labels are opting to do so.

At the show right now and they only have Your Majesty. The band didn't seem very happy with this entire process and mentioned it has been a big pain in the ass. So these will no doubt be available online. I didn't open the record to see if it was colored or not, but it does have an obnoxious 180 gram vinyl sticker on the cover of you are into that sort of thing.

At the show right now and they only have Your Majesty. The band didn't seem very happy with this entire process and mentioned it has been a big pain in the ass. So these will no doubt be available online. I didn't open the record to see if it was colored or not, but it does have an obnoxious 180 gram vinyl sticker on the cover of you are into that sort of thing.

7 minutes ago, randomfortunepa said:

Any chance you could snag an extra copy?

On 9/9/2016 at 5:12 PM, randomfortunepa said:

They commented on Facebook and said they would put them on their merchtable after the tour as well.  I'm hoping you mean the sticker is on the shrinkwrap and not the actual cover...

1 hour ago, AtarisBSBH98 said:

They commented on Facebook and said they would put them on their merchtable after the tour as well.  I'm hoping you mean the sticker is on the shrinkwrap and not the actual cover...

Yes it's on the shrink wrap.

On 9/9/2016 at 8:19 PM, andables said:

Any chance you could snag an extra copy?

Sorry I just saw this now. They had a large box and I didn't see that many people walking around with the record at the end of the show, so I would just wait. 

I have yet to listen to it to see how it sounds, but will report back when I have a chance. I had an original copy a few years ago that was pretty standard as far as Vagrant releases go. We'll see if this new 180 gram pressing enhances things :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, randomfortunepa said:

Yes it's on the shrink wrap.

Sorry I just saw this now. They had a large box and I didn't see that many people walking around with the record at the end of the show, so I would just wait. 

I have yet to listen to it to see how it sounds, but will report back when I have a chance. I had an original copy a few years ago that was pretty standard as far as Vagrant releases go. We'll see if this new 180 gram pressing enhances things :rolleyes:

What's the rest of the merch sitch look like? They had a lot of designs on their website that are not available anymore, hoping I can still snag some stuff.

23 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

What's the rest of the merch sitch look like? They had a lot of designs on their website that are not available anymore, hoping I can still snag some stuff.

I recall seeing those pins, the Nervous Breakdown shirt, the "A" design, and they had a D in Detroit design. I don't remember if they had that Scream design. 

23 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I recall seeing those pins, the Nervous Breakdown shirt, the "A" design, and they had a D in Detroit design. I don't remember if they had that Scream design. 

21 hours ago, dantheriver said:

The last couple of pictures on this webpage show all their merch:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-anniversary-made-a-triumphant-return-to-nyc-at-bowery-ballroom-pics/#photogallery-1=52

• 3 weeks later...

They said on their instagram that they almost sold out on their tour, but there were 6 copies left that they gave to some record store to sell. I contacted the record store to see if I could buy a copy and have it shipped and got no response.  So much for the "They'll neeeeeeever sell this out on their tour".  

2 hours ago, aopps42 said:

They said on their instagram that they almost sold out on their tour, but there were 6 copies left that they gave to some record store to sell. I contacted the record store to see if I could buy a copy and have it shipped and got no response.  So much for the "They'll neeeeeeever sell this out on their tour".  

sweet...... a big shout out to all the people on here who DIDN'T help the VC board out get a copy of this since a lot of us weren't near the tour stops.....

Edited by andables

15 minutes ago, andables said:

sweet...... a big shout out to all the people on here who DIDN'T help the VC board out get a copy of this since a lot of us weren't near the tour stops.....

A big shout out to the entitlement that someone has to help out the board. 

2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Reunion tour is over. Probably safe to follow their twitter for updates to their online store.

I'm going to see them in November, so I sure hope not!

2 hours ago, aopps42 said:

Are you referring to "Your Majesty"? It looks like that specific store is the only one that has it because the band might have all the rest of the copies? Nowhere in the post does it explicitly say "last copies."

Edit: Saw on the store's instagram that it's the last six copies of "Your Majesty." I'm pretty sure "Nervous Breakdown" has yet to see the light of day.

19 minutes ago, andables said:

Whoa whoa whoa - that's a bit entitled there, don't you think? Just because people are going to a show that you can't attend doesn't mean that they're obligated to buy you merch.

Edited by jonnywreck

23 minutes ago, andables said:

1 minute ago, randomfortunepa said:

Calm down. That is the only store that has these RIGHT NOW. The owner of that shop is the tour manager. 

ok guys just a Friday freak-out here based on someone's incomplete information. I will cool my tits.....