Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho

Just out of curiosity, what are the songs you skip? FAD is easily my favorite album by them... has been since it was released. But AB/AP I also find incredibly solid, but in a very different way. You can't look at it as a Rock record... you've got to look at is a POP/rock (notice the emphasis on the pop!) record, which understandably can be hard to do

AB/AP

The Kids Aren't Alright

Jet Pack Blues

I'm also completely OVER Centuries due to massive overplaying.  Uma Thurman is in danger of this as well.

AB/AP

The Kids Aren't Alright

Jet Pack Blues

I'm also completely OVER Centuries due to massive overplaying.  Uma Thurman is in danger of this as well.

Hmm... to me The Kids Aren't Alright and Jet Pack Blues would've fit nicely on FAD. The Kids... remind me a lot of What a Catch, Donnie and Jet Pack gives me that R&B vibe FAD has

But I agree with AB/AP... that took some time for me to click with, and the overplaying of songs is why I try to steer clear of the radio!

I think if you go into listening with little expectation then it's really easy to get into this album. I went in with a lot of expectation, and still ended up loving it. The first listen was a little iffy for me. After hearing AB/AP (the song) and The Kids Aren't Alright I got into my head that this would be Fall Out Boy's version of Danger Days by MCR. Fun and unapologetic about it. The standouts to me are Uma Thurman, Jet Pack Blues, and Fourth of July.

I agree with the comments above though. If you liked Save Rock & Roll, you'll like this album. I think a lot of people just haven't given them a chance because they are different than FOB used to be. And for some reason when songs start getting radio play, some folks immediately file them in the garbage category. I also remember people hating Folie and then over the years changing their minds. So maybe that will happen with this one for some of you. But I mean, if you don't like it you don't like it. There are plenty other bands to enjoy. FOB for me is one of the few bands that I liked in jr high/high school that I still love today.

Just got this in from Amazon, and I feel like I have been conned into another shitty, compressed FoB vinyl mastering. When things get noisy, it all sounds very muddled and there is no room to breathe.

A shame, because the light blue/clear vinyl looks pretty nice and the gatefold packaging is really sturdy.

Just got through my first full spin, and unfortunately my initial impression holds throughout.

The compression is particularly bad on Patrick's vocals, which just makes it so gratingly apparent. Some tracks have very weird mastering levels too... like the samples on Fourth of July are mixed quite low at points.

That was an awful long wait for a pressing vinyl-digital could have pumped out in a week.

I love that I have to come here to find out this finally got pressed on vinyl (thanks VC), when I follow FOB on Twitter and subscribe to the mailing list with zero comms :D Worries me that the pressing quality might be real shitty but what options do you have when you have a collection to keep?