PO Now: Tame Impala - "Currents" 4th Single Out

$80 is absolutely insane.  That's 40 dollars short of what the average working man makes in a day.... or slightly more than what somebody makes on an 8 hour minimum wage shift. 

I understand that it's out of 500 and a good way for the band to make money (presuming the band is actually getting a decent percentage of the sale)... so part me of wants to wait on the price on the black version is before bitching.   But I just don't see how $80 is in any way justifiable by anything other than pure corporate greed.

Makes me grateful that a high percentage of my favorite modern (past 10 years) bands are on independent labels.

$80 is absolutely insane.  That's 40 dollars short of what the average working man makes in a day.... or slightly more than what somebody makes on an 8 hour minimum wage shift. 

I understand that it's out of 500 and a good way for the band to make money (presuming the band is actually getting a decent percentage of the sale)... so part me of wants to wait on the price on the black version is before bitching.   But I just don't see how $80 is in any way justifiable by anything other than pure corporate greed.

Makes me grateful that a high percentage of my favorite modern (past 10 years) bands are on independent labels.

For an Aussie this is equivalent to buying about a 35$ record which for "color" deluxe isn't too shabby at all. Have you seen their minimum wage? Think of this all as revenge for when international peeps have to order from ALL THE GODDAMN LABELS FROM USA haha

For an Aussie this is equivalent to buying about a 35$ record which for "color" deluxe isn't too shabby at all. Have you seen their minimum wage? Think of this all as revenge for when international peeps have to order from ALL THE GODDAMN LABELS FROM USA haha

The black vinyl should be in US stores for around $25 if their past albums are anything to go by, so I'll just wait until then.

Hopefully they will be selling the Tame Impala EP at the upcoming US shows since I don't have that.

Definitely waiting for it to hit US distros. Will also try my luck at whatever live shows I can catch them at this year.

Aren't they on a major (US) label at this point anyways?