PO: Muse - Drones (6/9/15)

That is... some of the worst album art I've seen in a long time. Strong contender for most awful cover of 2015, I'm thinking.

Eh, it's Muse. You gotta expect some "overthinking our creativity" with them. Album art can be a dog taking a shit as long as it lives up to the hype in my head for the actual music. Just hoping for some mean riffs & jams that'll translate to a badass show.

Would be cool for some colored vinyl for a change, but hopefully at least the 2x 180g treatment like their last two.

And some B-Sides 7" like they used to do would be rad.

Agree that the back end of the 2nd law was not very good... Excited for this though

Honestly I think the 2nd Law could have been better had they 1) dropped one of Wolstenholmes tracks and 2)paid more attention to the running order.   It should have opened with an abbreviated version of "Isolated System" and then gone right into "Unsustainable" and then closed the album with "Supremacy" because that twang Matt does at the end of the song would have been the perfect closing notes to the album.  Oh well...

edit:  lol..sitting here thinking about that album and maybe open with Unsustainable and then an abbreviated version of Isolated System (that song is too damn long for what it is) somewhere in the middle of the album instead.  Still...good album, poor execution.

Honestly I think the 2nd Law could have been better had they 1) dropped one of Wolstenholmes tracks and 2)paid more attention to the running order. It should have opened with an abbreviated version of "Isolated System" and then gone right into "Unsustainable" and then closed the album with "Supremacy" because that twang Matt does at the end of the song would have been the perfect closing notes to the album. Oh well...

edit: lol..sitting here thinking about that album and maybe open with Unsustainable and then an abbreviated version of Isolated System (that song is too damn long for what it is) somewhere in the middle of the album instead. Still...good album, poor execution.

Totally agree about wishing they'd pay more attention to track orders. Both TR & T2L came off as very mixtape-ish. Hoping it's much more cohesive with Drones.

I always feel like on The 2nd Law, the Muse album ends at "Big Freeze" and then the rest is like here's some stuff we were experimenting with that we crammed in to fill the track list.  

I'm pretty excited about someone mentioning the clips they've heard from the new one sound like Origin of Symmetry.  Origin of Symmetry is one of my all time favorites.  

Listening to the track as purchased off iTunes and the spoken parts are part of the track...and that shit is fucking...lame...

Love the music, but it just sounds like a long drawn out version of some of the jams they do at the end of songs in their live sets with a chorus added on.  Yeah, it rocks and all, but there's nothing really standout or creative about it.  

Underwhelmed.  I hope this track isn't representative of the rest of the album.