Insound Closing Its Doors After 16 Years

is the upgrade from the AT-LP120 to the Debut Carbon worth it without any other upgrades?

Depends on what your set up is. If you're playing through tiny powered computer speakers you won't hear a thing different. If you have a decent preamp, amp, and speaker setup you will probably hear the difference.. Of course it could also be all in your head. At that price though I'd say go for it.

thanks for the tip! just picked up the silver. so excited for this! have an at-lp120 now as well and am looking forward to hearing the difference. i'll bring the AT to my office :)

your very welcome! picked up a white one yesterday myself. wanted to pick up the audioengine a5 speakers as well but sold out before I can pull the trigger. now i just need to find speakers and i am all set.

I know, but I need to save the money NOW, not in the future (well, probably will ALWAYS).

Dude tell me about it, I grabbed one (not really needed) and when I get home after work last night, the AC was out. Strangely, it cost almost exactly the same price to have it fixed as the record player. However, thankfully it was a minor issue. 

Is this basically a clearance sale? Like there are some records on here that I want and I've never seen them at a lower price, literally, but I really shouldn't spend until my next paycheck. I'd hate to miss out on this deal, though...

Did you not read the title of the thread?

I did, I'm sorry, I guess I'm just being extra worried. In the back of my mind I thought of the possibility that they'd take down their site or whatever without selling everything.

They very well may. Some stuff can be returned to the manufacturer or someone may buy their bulk stuff. If you want something, best to grab it.