August Burns Red- Found in Far Away Places (6.30.15) PO 4/13/15

Except for a couple songs maybe, this album sounds a lot like the last 2 releases with all of the interludes with slower and acoustic elements. I think a lot of people have written off the last couple of records so maybe they're not hearing the resemblance of this new album with those later releases. I don't get it, I love all of their stuff and I love how they have progressed. I'll go back to the old stuff for the head bangers

Got my sea blue yesterday. Haven't gotten a chance to spin it yet, but it's a great color (I was worried it'd be standard electric blue but it's not). Though that oxblood looks nice with the artwork too. Unfortunately the jacket leaves a little to be desired. Feels a bit flimsy and overall it's nowhere close to the quality of the Rescue & Restore packaging.

Got mine in yesterday as well (coke bottle, which is very faint, borderline regular clear compared to some others I have). Haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but I jammed the mp3 in the gym last night (download card is good for 192k files, bullshit quality). Album is pretty good, I listened to about 3/4 of it. Some of the experimentation really works well, some falls a little flat for me. I'll see how this one grows on me over time.

Got mine in yesterday as well (coke bottle, which is very faint, borderline regular clear compared to some others I have). Haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but I jammed the mp3 in the gym last night (download card is good for 192k files, bullshit quality). Album is pretty good, I listened to about 3/4 of it. Some of the experimentation really works well, some falls a little flat for me. I'll see how this one grows on me over time.

This is my problem with the album as well. Also, the drumming on their albums isn't nearly as noticeable to me as it was from their first several releases. 

Also, the drumming on their albums isn't nearly as noticeable to me as it was from their first several releases. 

I started really noticing this on my third listen through. When you have the best drummer in the genre I have no clue why they would give him such a backseat on this record. There's no "holy crap" moment for Greiner that I've come across on this record. Just feels like he's constantly going hard, fast, and simple 90% of the time there's vocals. But I could be overreacting, I need to listen more in depth.

Merchnow email download is WAV. I appreciate lossless, but I'm kind of confused as to why they would offer 192s and then lossless. I'll probably just end up making 320s from the WAVs but I always feel a little wary that Audition is crushing them when I do that.

I started really noticing this on my third listen through. When you have the best drummer in the genre I have no clue why they would give him such a backseat on this record. There's no "holy crap" moment for Greiner that I've come across on this record. Just feels like he's constantly going hard, fast, and simple 90% of the time there's vocals. But I could be overreacting, I need to listen more in depth.

Merchnow email download is WAV. I appreciate lossless, but I'm kind of confused as to why they would offer 192s and then lossless. I'll probably just end up making 320s from the WAVs but I always feel a little wary that Audition is crushing them when I do that.

Yeah, I really don't get it. When ABR was releasing Messengers and Constellations the thing I was most excited for was the instrumentation as a whole because their guitars and drumming was sick. EDIT: I will say though, that the drumming is still awesome on this, just not as insane as Messengers or Constellations, etc. 

Here's my attempt, though admittedly it's hard to capture in a photo. It's a nice deep blue with a bit of a green tint. "Sea blue" is really a pretty accurate description.

2nggdw9.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2nggdw9.jpg

Thanks man, that's a pretty nice looking shade of blue, I went with the coke bottle because I figured it would match the artwork best but I dig yours more.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't understand the issue I really like when bands do this they did it for northlane's singularity album. Really makes you appreciate a bands instrumentals. In most heavy music these days the vocals drown out the cool parts.

• 5 weeks later...

Figured it'd be cool to post/share: they just recently got a Grammy nomination with "Identity" for "Best Metal Performance".

Now I hate these award ceremonies ("rigged", picks usually suck, etc.) but to even get a mention like that, especially for the "style" these guys are referred to, is pretty impressive...