THIS ATLANTA FESTIVAL 8/12-13 (Quicksand, Thursday, Dino JR, Jehu, MORE)

Luminance 
Dark Driving 
Youth Overrided 
Jupiter 
Innuendo and Out the Other 
Big Riff (Ben Koller on drums, Nick Cageao on bass)
Summit Fever 
Sing My Loves 

I'm one of those weirdos who thinks Jupiter and White Silence are their best albums so I was pretty happy.

I missed this post, but damn thats solid.  I celebrate all Cave In material, even that antennae EP

think it's a money-grab for them?

Doubtful. In fact, they are donating proceeds.

"Of the mission statement for Thursday in 2016, Geoff says, "At our peak, Thursday were a band fiercely devoted to local music, community and compassion. We plan to use this occasion to renew our commitment to those ideas. As such, we'll be donating part of the proceeds from Wrecking Ball to SisterSong (sistersong.net), an Atlanta-based Reproductive Justice Collective." Other details pertaining to the community-centric vision of the band will be released in the coming weeks.

Thursday have no other performances scheduled at this time."

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=78e3d4fe315a4fdc0ab825f82&id=69d8afcb47

I no longer live in ATL, but I will be coming back for this.

we need to meet

I've been out of the festival scene for a whole, but I need to go to this. There's just no way I can miss a Hey Mercedes reunion. Plus, throw in Piebald, Thursday, and a million other epic bands and it looks like I gotta find a way to get my butt to Atlanta this august.

you're welcome to crash. I sent chris the lineup a couple weeks ago and gave him the same invite.

Not actually complaining, because this lineup is fucking great... but I was really hoping The Anniversary would be playing, based off the photo they posted earlier this morning. (doing the photo as a spoiler so I don't have two straight image posts in a thread)

1928258_562422597250758_1853579161621879

Wait, they meaning some social media page for the Anniversary (they disbanded before all this stuff was popular so I wouldn't know if they had some presence) or they meaning the Wrecking Ball coordinators? If the Anniversary themselves are teasing a reunion then I'm fucking pumped.

Edit: just found the new Twitter account and Berwanger retweeted some people asking about it... hope it's not a troll...

we need to meet

you're welcome to crash. I sent chris the lineup a couple weeks ago and gave him the same invite.

awww thank you! that's so nice! i might just take you up on this offer :) 

If my adult life scenario plays out, I have my last day summer school that Monday. :(

:( :( :( 

Take a late flight home Sunday. I'm sure you can work something out.

^^^^ what he said

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two tickets. This is my first time flying out for a show or ever doing an entire festival thing. Feels weird. 

This doesn't have the same festival feel because it's at a real venue that has 3/4 stages + the extra ones they add on as opposed to most festivals being at a farm or in a big park or something. It's much smaller.

Only band I couldn't get into last year was MLIW. I think Glassjaw, Foundation and maybe American Nightmare may have also filled up. I'm not sure if the stage situation is the same as last year though. Last year the main stage was the outdoor stage in the back that holds like 2000 people. The land the venue is on was sold in October and I'm not sure if construction has started back there and whether that stage is available or not. I also feel like the headliners this year are much smaller than last year soooo...Quicksand and L7 compared to Descendents and Coheed