Metallica 2015 Represses

Yeah, for real. Took me about 3-4 years of really looking to get the prices I wanted to pay on the first four, and the sleeve on my K'EA is somewhat jacked. (Free is the right price on that though.) All mine are Elektra, though. Haven't found a sweet enough deal on any Megaforce copies.

I did $75 for all 4, which I thought was decent.

I did $75 for all 4, which I thought was decent.

Super reasonable price on those if they're all in good condition. (I consider your warped but well playing one decent enough condition.

I ended up paying $60 for my 4, but (and I think I've actually already said this in here) I lucked out and got K'EA and AJFA along with Maiden's Powerslave off a dude on Craigslist for $20 total when he was getting rid of stuff. :)

Score!!

F'real :) I know we were talking before about how I was looking for MoP recently. Took a chance on an eBay BIN that they guy listed as "vg" but the pics said otherwise and he was just a junk reseller or whatever. It was beautiful. Dusty, but the vinyl was nm and the cover had some minor flaws. Happily paid $25 ppd for it. (Elektra)

This thread is making we want to go on a search for Metallica records. I really mostly want K'EA and AJFA but will pick the other early ones at some point.

Super reasonable price on those if they're all in good condition. (I consider your warped but well playing one decent enough condition.

I ended up paying $60 for my 4, but (and I think I've actually already said this in here) I lucked out and got K'EA and AJFA along with Maiden's Powerslave off a dude on Craigslist for $20 total when he was getting rid of stuff. :)

As play copies go so far so good. A little snap crackle pop here and there but nothing a good cleaning won't fix. Like I said jackets are just ok but I'm fine with it. I could always sell them for what I paid if better copies or pressings come along. Pretty stoked to have these.

Yep such a great dude. I wanna offer to help clean his backroom haha

Hahaha I already have offered, lol...no dice. Ever been back there? I took about 4 steps in there with him. There's A LOT back there. He's always pulling something out for me from back there. He had Megadeth-Symphony of Destruction 12" single, remixed by Trent Reznor. I scooped that up in a heartbeat.

Hahaha I already have offered, lol...no dice. Ever been back there? I took about 4 steps in there with him. There's A LOT back there. He's always pulling something out for me from back there. He had Megadeth-Symphony of Destruction 12" single, remixed by Trent Reznor. I scooped that up in a heartbeat.

That remix is the shiiit.

• 2 months later...

Never picked them up.......Had to stop buying stupid amounts of Metallica stuff.........I haven't heard of any issues...................Still holding out on an announcement for the Mass re-issue Special editions that are on the way

Same here. I have the Warner 4xLP and the SImply Vinyl version, but now about to exchange my second copy of TBA from Blackened , it's unreal how much it skips

I just have to say the Blackened press of The Black Album is awful. Two copies skipping like crazy all over the album. Both cleaned and played on a Denon 300-F. Is anyone else having serious skipping issues with this album?

That sucks. Mastered by Chris Bellman @ Grundman; maybe they just slapped a blackened label on the '08 leftovers until they ran dry and are now using a different pressing plant?  My copy is actually pretty good but I bought it about 6 months ago.

Metallica really needs to get their shit together, someone should play these terrible re-issues for them to hear firsthand!!

That sucks. Mastered by Chris Bellman @ Grundman; maybe they just slapped a blackened label on the '08 leftovers until they ran dry and are now using a different pressing plant? My copy is actually pretty good but I bought it about 6 months ago.

Metallica really needs to get their shit together, someone should play these terrible re-issues for them to hear firsthand!!

Ha! They don't give a shit. People still buy them, they still get money either way.

I just have to say the Blackened press of The Black Album is awful. Two copies skipping like crazy all over the album. Both cleaned and played on a Denon 300-F. Is anyone else having serious skipping issues with this album?

I see the word skipping thrown around here a lot when describing a poor pressing. Are you saying the needle literally jumps out of the groove, skipping part of the song, are you just describing pops and clicks?