Metallica 2015 Represses

While I don't doubt the originals are best sounding, I really gotta disagree about readily finding them for $30 and or ex or greater, even on eBay or at local shops. Not everyone has the same luck as you vinyl addict!

I am interested in more info on these as they do not on the surface appear to be on the blackened label, which are for the most part complete junk and identical to the 2008 reissues.

I am a member of the Metallica club and The Metallica Collectors Club.......The only new vinyl Pressings of any Metallica of late have been the usual Parade of Live Boots......These will surely be the Blackened Pressings........No other news except for The RSD tape and Sometime in the Future we will see Deluxe Re Issue Box sets and a New Album maybe 

Interestingly the individual pages for each release say something along the lines of "2015 Double vinyl LP pressing reissue of X album on the bands own Blackened label", but the Label listed above says "Universal" etc...

Maybe US is Blackened Label and Universal for EU Pressings...........the 2008 Re Issues were Warner US and Universal EU

and the KEA, RTL and MOP releases are 1Lp

While I don't doubt the originals are best sounding, I really gotta disagree about readily finding them for $30 and or ex or greater, even on eBay or at local shops. Not everyone has the same luck as you vinyl addict!

I am interested in more info on these as they do not on the surface appear to be on the blackened label, which are for the most part complete junk and identical to the 2008 reissues.

Like i said earlier...you rarely find the good deals on ebay. Its the local shops where youll find the deals. Ask the shop owners to call you when the good stuff comes in.

Out of interest, can anyone tell me how S&M sounds on any of the recent presses? I'm guessing it's to a good standard considering how recent it is in the grand scheme of things (let's not even mention St Anger or Death Magnetic). I would probably pick up a copy if it's good.

Also, I saw New On Vinyl posted on Facebook saying specifically that Garage Inc is getting a "limited edition" press. Not sure what this means entirely, maybe the deluxe treatment? Although to be honest Garage Inc was never really my sort of thing.

Out of interest, can anyone tell me how S&M sounds on any of the recent presses? I'm guessing it's to a good standard considering how recent it is in the grand scheme of things (let's not even mention St Anger or Death Magnetic). I would probably pick up a copy if it's good.

Also, I saw New On Vinyl posted on Facebook saying specifically that Garage Inc is getting a "limited edition" press. Not sure what this means entirely, maybe the deluxe treatment? Although to be honest Garage Inc was never really my sort of thing.

IMO garage inc (the newer covers), is possibly the best sounding album that Bob Rock did with the band. Sonically speaking.

IMO garage inc (the newer covers), is possibly the best sounding album that Bob Rock did with the band. Sonically speaking.

I have the OP of this, but only because I found it for $25. Never been a huge fan of most of the covers. This stuff I DO like, I already had on the $5.99 EP

It does, however, sounds very good

Speaking of original pressings, anybody have gray label Ride The Lightning on Megaforce? It's way rarer than the Elektra US pressing but it probably sounds a little better.

I have one. Def better than WB reissues. I think the Masterdisk version on Elektra might be the best one. I'm still in search of a clean copy at a decent price to compare.

the original Megaforce of Kill Em All prob sounds the best to me, but the one I listen to the most is the Elektra reissue w/ Am I Evil/Blitzkrieg  the original Elektra MoP is so much better than the WB reissue.

The DCC gold CDs of MoP and RTL are excellent too, but not worth the $ personally for me.

The WB Bob Ludwig Black Album sounds pretty killer to me though. I don't have the original pressing of that, but the 33 WB reissue sounds pretty huge.

Speaking of original pressings, anybody have gray label Ride The Lightning on Megaforce? It's way rarer than the Elektra US pressing but it probably sounds a little better.

I had one....sold it off with some other RTLs....the best i have heard is a Black Label Banzai Canadian Press..Personally it blew everything away

• 2 weeks later...

Update: it was a mistake, it was an Elektra pressing. I'm looking up the specific presses now but I got Elektra RTL and MOP, a first pressing KEA (slight warp, but plays strong) and an AJFA which has a very trashed sleeve, like where some kid wrote his name on it and drew beards on Kirk and Jason, haha. But the price was right so I took it too. 

Update: it was a mistake, it was an Elektra pressing. I'm looking up the specific presses now but I got Elektra RTL and MOP, a first pressing KEA (slight warp, but plays strong) and an AJFA which has a very trashed sleeve, like where some kid wrote his name on it and drew beards on Kirk and Jason, haha. But the price was right so I took it too. 

Elektra makes a lot more sense lol.

I want another first press of KeA still. I need one for my friend. He's anti-internet and never uses the computer. So no ebay, discogs,or internet in general lol.

Elektra makes a lot more sense lol.

I want another first press of KeA still. I need one for my friend. He's anti-internet and never uses the computer. So no ebay, discogs,or internet in general lol.

Well it was super convenient for me, I had been back on a 'Tallica kick, and had been reading this thread. I happened to see my local post about RTL and I was like, got anything else? And he had all these. He knows me and will work deals when you're buying a bunch. I will add that the sleeve conditions on RTL, MOP and KEA were decent for their age, printer inners had creases and wear. Spines have some significant wear. AJFA is trashed sleeve wise but plays fine. I wanted good play copies and I could always sell these for what I paid if something better comes along. Pretty stoked to take out the first four in one swoop like that though.

Well it was super convenient for me, I had been back on a 'Tallica kick, and had been reading this thread. I happened to see my local post about RTL and I was like, got anything else? And he had all these. He knows me and will work deals when you're buying a bunch. I will add that the sleeve conditions on RTL, MOP and KEA were decent for their age, printer inners had creases and wear. Spines have some significant wear. AJFA is trashed sleeve wise but plays fine. I wanted good play copies and I could always sell these for what I paid if something better comes along. Pretty stoked to take out the first four in one swoop like that though.

Yeah, for real. Took me about 3-4 years of really looking to get the prices I wanted to pay on the first four, and the sleeve on my K'EA is somewhat jacked. (Free is the right price on that though.) All mine are Elektra, though. Haven't found a sweet enough deal on any Megaforce copies.

Actually, if you look for a bit, the megaforce can be had for around $30. I didnt pay more than $35 for any of the first 4.

This. I paid less than $20 for mop and rtl on mega force a few months ago. Gotta love being a regular at a local shop :)

Really wished I grabbed ajfa when I got these too but I wasn't expecting the killer price I paid lol