Fallout Discussion: “76”

There should be a physical Fallout themed Monopoly game! Could you imagine how cool that'd be?! Swap the cash for bottle caps, Mr. Handy and Vault Boy game pieces...

Fallout Monopoly LARP?!  Would I have to traverse Nevada and make it to your house to meet the NCR Commander Rambo to pass Go and get 200 caps?

Fallout Monopoly LARP?! Would I have to traverse Nevada and make it to your house to meet the NCR Commander Rambo to pass Go and get 200 caps?

I'm down, let's wait until they ship out the Pip-Boy Edition so I can LARP properly! I'll start microwaving roaches to hopefully infect them with radiation.

Oh man. This is starting to be a hell of a plan.

I told my buddy that we should start a Fallout themed band and call it either Rad Roach or Tunnel Snakes. It'd be a rip off of earlier Gaslight Anthem but talking about life in the wasteland and we could wear homemade vault suits and pip-boys.

I told my buddy that we should start a Fallout themed band and call it either Rad Roach or Tunnel Snakes. It'd be a rip off of earlier Gaslight Anthem but talking about life in the wasteland and we could wear homemade vault suits and pip-boys.

I would 100% do this long distance and send you drum tracks. Post on tumblr, make a band camp and before you know it, we're on tour.

And you haven't already started said band why?

Yuck. Already announcing DLC before the game is even out. I can't say that didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure it will be semi worth it but I hate this business practice so much.

The way the game industry works, but I choose to not support AAA game developers who use that practice as much as I can. Fallout is the one game I probably won't be able to resist though. I will get shit for being against DLC most likely but whatever.

The way the game industry works, but I choose to not support AAA game developers who use that practice as much as I can. Fallout is the one game I probably won't be able to resist though. I will get shit for being against DLC most likely but whatever.

That's like every AAA developer. Games ship broken and DLC is always announced prior to release.

The one thing that bothers me the most is preorder DLC, "Preorder today from Walmart to get the Grimace costume and digital Batgirl statue!"

It won't ever go away until people stop buying games that do this crap, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

That's like every AAA developer. Games ship broken and DLC is always announced prior to release.

The one thing that bothers me the most is preorder DLC, "Preorder today from Walmart to get the Grimace costume and digital Batgirl statue!"

It won't ever go away until people stop buying games that do this crap, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

From what I understand, a lot of this is the studio's Marketing department fuck up. They put crazy deadlines for games to ship and hype the shit out of them. What happens is that the game is "playable" when it goes to manufacturing for disks and such, about 3 months before launch date and then the "day one patches" start getting worked on.