Fallout Discussion: “76”

Never pre-order anything from Amazon! They are so goddamn flaky and because they sell so much, even with their excellent customer service none of their reps have any idea what they're talking about and all you'll walk away with is an upgrade to 2-day or 1 day shipping and no idea of when the product will come in.

Damn, I must be salty about something but I can't remember what... I'm hoping it'll be fine for you peebs!

How much more is the charge for the upgrade for 1-2 day shipping? With most pre-orders online, they usually arrive earlier than the actual release date of the game, especially this far in advance. Just curious as to why it would take so much longer.  

Not sure on the charge - was more speaking to what happens if they miss the Release Date. They have missed release dates on several POs of mine in the past - records, books, games - the reps are helpful but have no idea when shipments are due or what individual products even are.  If they miss the release date and you contact them they will not be able to tell you when it will ship, but will instead let you 1. Cancel your order or 2. they will upgrade your order to 1-2 day shipping for free.

That's their MO every time I've dealt with the situation.  I don't PO on Amazon anymore :\

Not sure on the charge - was more speaking to what happens if they miss the Release Date. They have missed release dates on several POs of mine in the past - records, books, games - the reps are helpful but have no idea when shipments are due or what individual products even are.  If they miss the release date and you contact them they will not be able to tell you when it will ship, but will instead let you 1. Cancel your order or 2. they will upgrade your order to 1-2 day shipping for free.

That's their MO every time I've dealt with the situation.  I don't PO on Amazon anymore :\

Damn. I would have gone through Best Buy, as that's where I placed my Black Ops 3 pre-order. But it went up after Amazon sold out and I didn't want to miss out on it.

Damn. I would have gone through Best Buy, as that's where I placed my Black Ops 3 pre-order. But it went up after Amazon sold out and I didn't want to miss out on it.

Yeah - again anything can happen with a retailer as big as Amazon, but in my experience they prioritize their POs. Prime members and anyone who upgraded to 1 or 2 day shipping at checkout usually get theirs right on release date, I've never gotten anything from Amazon early.

Everyone else gets their when/if Amazon gets the stock or feels like it.

Lots of people have had much better experiences with Amazon than I have in the past, but, their too big to know when their products are coming or when they'll ship and that bothers me :(

Oh man. So it turns out that the Mrs is amazing and is getting me an XB1 for Xmas. I already have a PS4, and was planning to get Fallout on there, but now I'm wondering of I can/should wait and get it for the XB1 considering mods will be coming to it earlier than the PS4.

Anyone got any thoughts? Can I wait another 5 or so weeks given that it's taken this long for it to come out?

I wish they'd make it so if you ended up with a duplicate legendary dweller it would switch to one you don't have. My main vault has two Mr. Burkes and two Preston Garveys

That's dumb. I had to redownload my Bluestacks app (so I can play on my computer) and it crashed my old saves, and I haven't had any legendary dwellers on my new one. Come to think of it, I don't think I've had a LD ever! Also, I'm digging the Mysterious Stranger in this last update. I hear that guitar riff and I'm going crazy checking my vault for him.

That's dumb. I had to redownload my Bluestacks app (so I can play on my computer) and it crashed my old saves, and I haven't had any legendary dwellers on my new one. Come to think of it, I don't think I've had a LD ever! Also, I'm digging the Mysterious Stranger in this last update. I hear that guitar riff and I'm going crazy checking my vault for him.

I haven't seen the MS yet, I play with sound off most times :/

I've been pretty lucky with legendary dwellers so far. Main vault has Mr Burke, Preston Garvey, Piper, and Abraham Washington. Second has Harkness, Butch, Moira Brown.

$150 for that watch? Kek. Hope the artbook isn't crazy expensive.

I canceled my pipboy edition. Its just going to collect dust. I'd rather buy the season pass and artbook and some other stuff and call it a day.

Or you could be a dick like me. Let's be honest, I'm probably gonna flip that shit and buy Battlefront and a normal copy of Fallout 4 for $0...

Or you could be a dick like me. Let's be honest, I'm probably gonna flip that shit and buy Battlefront and a normal copy of Fallout 4 for $0...

I quit playing video games a bit after I preordered one and am going to do the same but buy guitar pedals.