Fallout Discussion: “76”

I didn't watch it but there's a video of some dude sprinting from one corner of the map to the other and it took him 11 minutes. 

Yeah I didn't see it either but somebody elsewhere (reddit) brought up a good point, if you did the same in Skyrim it would only take you about 12 minutes and there you have to take time to go around mountains and shit. This video is him running in a straight line as fast as he can in the flattest part of the map going right by stuff any sane human being would stop and check out. This game will be massive and we'll be playing it for years, just like every other Bethesda game. Stop worrying, kiss your loved ones goodbye, and get hype. 

I didn't watch it but there's a video of some dude sprinting from one corner of the map to the other and it took him 11 minutes. 

Seems judging from the video that the map also has some depth to it. So there's the possibility of it being twice that large depending on tunnels/flying stuff.

So its a slow day at work so lets take inventory or whats coming in the next week Fallout related:

Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition (Xbox one) from Best buy (I already heard the rumors and checked, my order is fine)

Fallout 4 Vault Dwellers Strategy Guide Collector's Edition from Barnes and Noble

Fallout 3 Special Edition Vinyl Soundtrack from Bethesda

Oh I got other stuff coming too not fallout related. 

Oh well just trying to pass the time. 

You can now download/install the Pip-Boy app! (Android only right now :P)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutcompanionapp

Run demo mode, you can see the map!

Seeing as I didn't get a pip boy, I will say that this app look Amazeballs on a tablet vs phone.

It's good to be prepared :)

Especially since character creation takes me fucking ages on my first playthrough. Hopefully I can cut out some of that in FO4 by planning ahead.

So your SPECIAL seems to be a lot lower starting out then in the previous two games. Looks like every level you raise one of them by one and then pick a perk? Interesting. Very Skyrim inspired in leveling and perks. I dig it.

So your SPECIAL seems to be a lot lower starting out then in the previous two games. Looks like every level you raise one of them by one and then pick a perk? Interesting. Very Skyrim inspired in leveling and perks. I dig it.

I don't know about Skyrim but the levelling in FO4 works like:

1 stat in each SPECIAL then 21 additional points that can be applied purely as SPECIAL.

Then, every level you get once you actually start playing, you can choose to make it a SPECIAL stat, or a perk point. 

Mine's expected to ship today!

I just called Barnes and Noble. I should have my collectors edition strategy guide on or before the 12th.... thats the best I got for now. I'm gonna bury myself in Halo all weekend so I don't drive myself crazy. Monday is a long day at work so i just pray that we're busy.