[PO] The Dear Hunter - Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise

guys... remember when we all blindly backed this dude to fly to the Czech Republic and record a fucking symphony?.... well it paid off

holy shit. i cannot wait to hear this entire thing. all the clips sound amazing.

guys... remember when we all blindly backed this dude to fly to the Czech Republic and record a fucking symphony?...

speaking of the symphony, how did that turn out? i wanted to buy the LP but chickened out... i don't know why i ever doubted him. i feel like it would be fucking beautiful.

edit: i don't think i've ever emailed to complain about a record before, but with the gaps in the audio plus the light weight, i emailed SRC just to give them a piece of my mind and see how they'd react/respond. wondering if they even will, though. i would be surprised if they do. i was cordial, so it's not like i cussed them out or anything, but yeah. whatevs.

speaking of the symphony, how did that turn out? i wanted to buy the LP but chickened out... i don't know why i ever doubted him. i feel like it would be fucking beautiful.

edit: i don't think i've ever emailed to complain about a record before, but with the gaps in the audio plus the light weight, i emailed SRC just to give them a piece of my mind and see how they'd react/respond. wondering if they even will, though. i would be surprised if they do. i was cordial, so it's not like i cussed them out or anything, but yeah. whatevs.

It's incredible. It might as well have been Danny Elfman writing it.

Not gonna lie, I've never even heard of this band before but all of the clips in this thread sound great! I will be checking out their previous stuff for sure.

i think the three acts plus the color spectrum make up something like 76 songs, and that excludes act IV and the symphony. so you should have some fun digging in.

Have fun with that. You should have plenty of new music to listen to for the next bit. He's got a pretty extensive catalogue (including other acts besides TDH) if I remember correctly.

he was in the receiving end of sirens prior to forming the dear hunter. he only recorded one album with them, "between the heart and the synapse." a fantastic album, albeit a very different one than most of TDH material.

right, but the EPs are mostly just different versions of preexisting songs. also, forgot about the migrations annex. "like crazy" probably should've just been included on migrant given it was probably the best track of the lot.

The Random EPs, yes, The Branches EP, no. But still, that full band of Battesimo is fucking awesome.

In my excitement for this release I went back and listened to my Lifetime Member Clear Act 1+2 vinyl and didnt realise how unclean a pressing it is. So much noise :(

Decided to buy all the represses while available - hope they sound better!

If you're unhappy with it, I'd gladly take it off your hands.

In my excitement for this release I went back and listened to my Lifetime Member Clear Act 1+2 vinyl and didnt realise how unclean a pressing it is. So much noise :(

Decided to buy all the represses while available - hope they sound better!

The represses sound great.  Just be on the lookout for glue on your copy of Act III.

I also have an extra copy of Act III (150 gram) with glue on it.  I ended up getting 3 copies of that fucking thing before getting one without glue on it.  I gave the least glued one to my friend but still have the first replacement copy. That one has pretty distinct lines on both sides of LP 1.

I'm not even sure why I'm holding onto it.

I'm very surprised by all the negative comments about Migrant.  Different doesn't always have to mean bad.  The Acts and The Color Spectrum are amazing because of their spectacular scope.  I think if Migrant was the first thing any of us heard out of TDH, we would have all been blown away.  It's just not the same as what we all expect.  

That said I can't wait for Act IV.  Was torn on which bundle to go with, but just got the record.  Will be seeing them at Riot Fest in Chicago in September.

Also if anyone has the Color Spectrum they're willing to part with, I am dying to get it.