PO: High on Fire - Luminiferous

I'm just getting more familiar with some of their back catalog but I think Luminiferous and Snakes For The Divine are my favorite. Not sure why Snakes was so shit on by long time fans. Each of those two albums has its one weak track ("The Falconist" and "Bastard Samurai" respectively) but I like those the best so far. Communion is very good though and its gaining steam for me.

I'm just getting more familiar with some of their back catalog but I think Luminiferous and Snakes For The Divine are my favorite. Not sure why Snakes was so shit on by long time fans. Each of those two albums has its one weak track ("The Falconist" and "Bastard Samurai" respectively) but I like those the best so far. Communion is very good though and its gaining steam for me.

The Falconist is weak? That might be my favorite song on the album.

Was just about to post the same thing.  The Falconist rules!

I love everything High on Fire has released with The Art of Self Defense as my favorite album and Surrounded By Thieves a close second. I haven't received my preorder yet, so I can't comment on the album, but I highly doubt there is a bad song on it. Anyway, here is my favorite High on Fire song.

Was just about to post the same thing.  The Falconist rules!

I don't know. It just feels like the "pop" song of the record. The particular tempo, melody and delivery make it feel kind of like a bad modern example of bad metal from the 80's. Still, its a million times better than all that stuff but it just doesn't feel like HOF for me. And I'm not just picking on slower songs. I love "The Cave" because its eerie and has a better melody throughout. I don't know. I'm weird I guess.

Got my CD copy of the album from amazon today. I got it locally just for the hell of it even though I ordered it from amazon first but knowing amazon's horrible inability to get new releases shipped and in customers hands anywhere near the release date, I decided to grab it on the 15th so I could actually spin it in my car. I'll probably give this copy to my brother or something. I wish amazon would stop sitting on my LP orders and send them already.

record rules. color rules. if i get a starburst color for 8.99 it will be a good day indeed.

One of the best purchases I have made music wise. I appreciate that Amazon actually went through with these orders.