PO: The Good Life - Everybody's Coming Down (Tim Kasher of Cursive)

what're yours?

I lean more toward Cursive, but...

Overall:

Such Blinding Stars

Burst and Bloom EP

Lovers Need Lawyers EP

Cursive:

Such Blinding Stars

Burst and Bloom

Domestica

Good Life:

Lovers Need Lawyers

Blackout

AOTY

That I own on vinyl:

Burst and Bloom

Lovers Need Lawyers

Domestica

Full disclosure, I haven't spent much time at all with Help Wanted Nights, so I'll have to give that another chance if you like it. I think we have somewhat similar tastes/peeves musically.

ooo burst and bloom. i didn't even think EPs, i was just going full lengths.

actually i haven't even heard the lovers need lawyers EP... hmmmmm

Ooooooh, brother. Lovers Need Lawyers is the shiiiiiiit! It's still available on baby blue 10" for reasonable prices if you look around.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2287012?ev=rb

Yeah, $10 plus shipping isn't bad. Snagged mine at a local for $8 a couple years ago.

This new Good Life Song sounds a lot to me like somewhat more major key new Cursive- mild, meandering indie rock. Still bought the deluxe because I will always support the members of Cursive but I preferred the weirder Good Life of Novena and Black Out just as I preferred the harder Cursive of Domestica. I loved The Game of Monogamy, though- maybe that one just connected more lyrically?

BUT PRETTY COLORS, THOUGH.

I have to admit, after I ordered I listened to the new song and felt very "meh" about it.

I did like the variant quite a bit and almost jumped on it based on that alone.  But then I remembered that copy of I Am Gemini that mocks me whenever I look at my shelves and decided to take the cautious route.

I really wanted to like Happy Hollow. I liked the themes and I didn't mind the strings to horns. I just didn't find the album that good overall. Mama had some very good songs, but the rest are very forgettable.

I think mama, I'm swollen was cursive's best lp since domestica. Take that for unpopular opinion. I wasn't so into the consecutive small town themes of help wanted nights / happy hollow, though both have some great tracks. Bust and bloom ftw!

I enjoy Mama, but those bonus tracks/b-sides are better than just about anything that made the album. I still listen to HH pretty often. Maybe more so than The Ugly Organ.

To those that haven't given Help Wanted Nights enough time, go back and give it another try. Took a couple listens for it click with me.

I think mama, I'm swollen was cursive's best lp since domestica. 

I could agree with this. 'Mama, I'm Swollen' is definitely my go to for them a lot of the time. Very accessible and always a winner when I show it to casual Cursive fans. 'From the Hips' is one of my favorite Kasher songs. So damn good

I did like the variant quite a bit and almost jumped on it based on that alone. But then I remembered that copy of I Am Gemini that mocks me whenever I look at my shelves and decided to take the cautious route.

If you have the deluxe I Am Gemini that I'm assuming you are referencing, I would gladly take that off your hands to silence the mockery :)

Shit, I really didn't think it'd go so fast. I'm failing with my Kasher collection this year. Still need that RSD 7" (prices are down to reasonable, well, for RSD anyways). Then there's the gold Disruption 7" too...

7"? 7"?! Ain't nobody got time for that.