[PO Now]: Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower via Relapse released 9/18

I think the bigger thing to announce is they are doing a tour this fall with fucking monolord!

This is fucking HUGE! I'm so fucking stoked that this is happening. Part of me suspected Monolord was gonna end up hitching with the Uncle Acid Tour but this is just as good.

I'm so glad I'll get to see them. Part of me was flabbergasted at the venue choice in Chicago as the Empty Bottle is tiny for something like this and then I realized, I'm gonna see fucking Monolord and Windhand in the coolest tiny venue in all of Chicago. Fuck yeah!

This is fucking HUGE! I'm so fucking stoked that this is happening. Part of me suspected Monolord was gonna end up hitching with the Uncle Acid Tour but this is just as good.

I'm so glad I'll get to see them. Part of me was flabbergasted at the venue choice in Chicago as the Empty Bottle is tiny for something like this and then I realized, I'm gonna see fucking Monolord and Windhand in the coolest tiny venue in all of Chicago. Fuck yeah!

that uncle acid tour still seems to have no openers announced, at least for pittsburgh.  really curious to who will jump on that.

Damn. That green / purple looks amazing. Bummed I was not home when it went up. All the other variants are cool, but none of them really jump out at me.

Matt. Tickets for our date of the tour go on sale in 3 days and it's at Mississippi Studios. Get stoked. Also remind me to order a ticket. Haha

I want it ! That offer apply for him or me, as well? I didn't see what the initial price was though. Close to 30$ as the 180g variant with slipmat?

So excited to see them for like the fifth time in Pittsburgh.

Also, that merge in person is probably as heinously ugly as the Torche record that's basically the same style.

You mean this? Doesn't look that bad to me honestly.

tumblr_nkqsd7L8b41qjlr0yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nqi13hbMHG1siie31o1_540.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nice. I've listened to "Crypt Key" a few times now and the first few listens didn't really connect but I listened again last night as I was laying down to sleep with some headphones and it really jumped at me that time. I then listened to "Two Urns" (the "radio edit" anyway.... not sure what that's about) again after that and the contrast of the songs together really got me going. I was already stoked for the album because its Windhand and that's just reason to excited anyway but now I'm really feeling the "performance-based" anticipation if you will. I'm going to try to refrain from listening to any songs any more until I get the album because I don't want to have an "uneven wear" on it as a whole but I've already heard the studio version of "Forest Clouds" from the Salem's Pot split since this time last year pretty much. I haven't heard it in a while though so maybe it will be refreshed for me by the time I get this record. I also heard the album preview edit from that video from about the time the pre-order went up which included a number song samples so I'm going to try and forget that and refrain from listening to it anymore also.

Exactly how I felt, minus the uneven wear part. I don't even care beyond this point. Considering leakage these days I'll more than likely wear out this album before I ever get around to buying the vinyl.

I'm in the 'missed-the-variant-I-cared-for' boat and am now allocating funds onto other anticipated releases to make sure I don't repeat it. Relapse is usually really quick with represses. Although this first pressing is huge and it might not be for a while.

Exactly how I felt, minus the uneven wear part. I don't even care beyond this point. Considering leakage these days I'll more than likely wear out this album before I ever get around to buying the vinyl.

I'm in the 'missed-the-variant-I-cared-for' boat and am now allocating funds onto other anticipated releases to make sure I don't repeat it. Relapse is usually really quick with represses. Although this first pressing is huge and it might not be for a while.

Which variant did you want?

This press is pretty huge and there are a bunch regional exclusive colors. I don't think I've ever seen pressing info for a release quite as big as this or with this many variants adding up to 6985. That's wild. The only variants I really want that I can't order right now are the black standard gram and the deep purple standard gram.

This press is pretty huge and there are a bunch regional exclusive colors. I don't think I've ever seen pressing info for a release quite as big as this or with this many variants adding up to 6985. That's wild. The only variants I really want that I can't order right now are the black standard gram and the deep purple standard gram.

Touche's last record was like 12,000 first press.

Would've been stoked to have the blue/purple merge but didn't have the funds to pull the trigger when it was still available. And the green/purple merge was just a dream anyway, as it must've sold out in a few hours.

Not too stoked for the solid the olive and purple. I'm crazy for variants, especially when it matches the cover. Either way, it's better for anyone over the pond to just wait and see what some EU distros pick up so as to save on shipping. Straight from Relapse I'd be paying equal the amount for shipping as the record is.

Although Windhand is one of my favourite groups, for some weird reason I find myself picking up their releases on vinyl way down the line. Only just got around to buying Soma a few months ago and the self-titled is still on my list.

Also, am I the only one that hears a cutting-room floor error somewhere around 3:16 on Crypt Key?

Bothered me ever since I first heard the track and seems you can hear it when streaming on both Bandcamp and YT. I guess it's no wonder as there's a preview at the end for the 4th track on both, even on BC, so it's not a clean cut.