PO: P.O.D. - The Awakening

This should just turn into a POD nostalgia thread.

I had this thing in college where I would video tape all my favorite bands live performances on television. So I had POD on TRL, all the late night shows, MTV New Year's Eve special, etc. They looked like amateurs at first but eventually had the stage presence of rock gods.

I was big into POD when I was 15ish.

When satellite came out I was bummed at first. It was so different than their early stuff. Album ended up really growing on me.

Ditched them after that but several years later I came across their Angels and serpents album and decided to chick it out.

I must say I was shocked. It's a pretty good album. It's not rap rock or punk rock but it's a good radio rock album.

I'll probably check this out when it comes out just out of curiosity. I always like to see what bands that I enjoyed when I was younger are doing.

All you guys saying how good they were live has got me scratching my head... I thought they sound like shit on their MTV appearances (even 14 year old fan me thought so), and I saw them live with Blindside in like.... 2004? So bad that I walked out after a few songs.

Sonny has no lung capacity, he could never finish the lines and would just wheeze on stage. Sometimes he'd point the mic at the crowd to try and cover it up.

• 2 months later...