Amazon Warehouse deals reshrinkwrapping records?!

I just got this album from Amazon Warehouse deals that said in the description: Factory Sealed. Medium wrinkle / bend on item case. But I got it today and it is clearly not factory sealed, underneath the shrink wrap is these Amazon warehouse deal stickers, they clearly re shrinkwrapped it which I have not had happen from them before. Also the packaging they used was straight up abysmal, it was shipped in this huge oversized box that had no packaging whatsoever, that looked like it had gotten kicked in, surprisingly it didn't get creased or broken from shipping.

E8E9Anj.jpg

If it came undamaged and you were going to open it and play it anyways, then who cares?

Well I didn't open it yet to check for the condition of the records themselves, as it is a returned record it's possible the records themselves were damaged hence why they were returned to begin with. Also those stickers are rather unsightly and not possible to remove without damaging the album cover. Also if I order a factory sealed record I expect to get a factory sealed record not a used one with stickers that is re shrinkwrapped.

I think it's fine to be disappointed that they misled you on the shrink wrap but it shouldn't cause your entire faith system in Amazon to collapse. Theorizing that there could be unseen damage, fretting over the fact that this was a returned item for a reason due to the record itself, and being upset that your discounted re-sold record has re-seller stickers on it seems like something that you should have made peace with when you were originally buying a returned/damaged product for a discount.

The sticker is on the actual vinyl jacket?

Send it back and get refunded.

From what I can see, every single thing listed in the Warehouse deals section is used, though, so...

Yes the stickers are on the jacket not the shrink wrap. Also, I have gotten about 15 factory sealed records from Amazon warehouse deals in the past, this is the first one that I have received from them that was re shrinkwrapped.

I think it's fine to be disappointed that they misled you on the shrink wrap but it shouldn't cause your entire faith system in Amazon to collapse. Theorizing that there could be unseen damage, fretting over the fact that this was a returned item for a reason due to the record itself, and being upset that your discounted re-sold record has re-seller stickers on it seems like something that you should have made peace with when you were originally buying a returned/damaged product for a discount.

It didn't say it was a damaged record it just said there was minor damage to the cover but it was factory sealed.

Also, I posted this on reddit, these other 4 records I got from Amazon today were all the incorrect titles, Amazon seems to be messing up quite a bit for me recently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/3hmwun/wtf_amazon_ordered_4_records_for_all_4_they_sent/

From what I can see, every single thing listed in the Warehouse deals section is used, though, so...

I have purchased dozens of albums from the Warehouse, all new and factory sealed. Most items were listed as having a minor or medium size corner bend, hence the discount in price. I have even purchased items from the Warehouse factory sealed with a mint sleeve and no damage - no clue why they were discounted...

Shame on them for making a description mistake on one of the 200 million products they sell. 

The problem was that they now reshrink wrap records without saying so. Also I got 4 other records from them today which were all the wrong records, they make mistakes pretty often, why so snarky?

The problem was that they now reshrink wrap records without saying so. Also I got 4 other records from them today which were all the wrong records, they make mistakes pretty often, why so snarky?

I highly doubt they intentionally rewrapped a record with intent to trick you. As an Amazon employee, I can assure you that this is not the case. I have no idea where the record came from or how it got there but in all likelihood they received it in that condition. The whole idea of warehouse deals is that the products are used or damaged anyway. I could agree with your issue if you had ordered from the main page and it was listed as "new". This is a simple case of a description error, which does happen from time to time. The real live humans who input that data can make mistakes. I assume they looked at it, saw it was sealed (not knowing how or when it was sealed) and listed it that way without realizing which side the stickers were on. All they know is that it came to them used and was "sealed."

Like someone else said... Just call and complain and they will take care of your issue.