PO: Adele - 25

Mine needed a clean but that was visible as soon as I took it out of the sleeve.

It sounds perfect but I expect it will have sounded pretty poor had it not had a proper vacuum clean before I played it.

Music wise I loved 19 immediately, 21 not so straight away but now I think I prefer it and I expect 25 will be the same. 

Million Years ago I expect will be the next single, she did a special on the BBC on the evening of the release day and she performed it along with Hello, Skyfall and a few from 19 an 25 but I'm quite liking River Lea.

If you get chance to see any of the BBC stuff from Friday look out for a section where they do a mock TV talent show for Adele impersonators where they use prosthetics to change her appearance and she enters as an Adele impersonator, the looks on the fake Adele's faces when she starts to sing is priceless.

Edit

Found the Youtube link

Did anyone else get theirs? I'm on the last song of side A and it sounds terrible. I mean, the content is good, but the pressing quality is poor.

Yeah my record sounds real static-laden. Especially during Hello. It sucks.

But the album itself...loving it! "All I Ask" gave me the feels.

What's the matrix etching you have in your deadwax? That might help us figure out who pressed it.

I know Adele only by her singles, but decided to listen to the new album to see what the fuzz is about. Is it me but the chorus of "Send My Love (To Your New Lover" is just plain awful - it doesnt fit her style at all, its more like a Gwen Stefani song or something, plus its track number two on the album, what a bad choice. And the lyrics seem to be exactly about the same thing as the biggest single on the previous album.

I know Adele only by her singles, but decided to listen to the new album to see what the fuzz is about. Is it me but the chorus of "Send My Love (To Your New Lover" is just plain awful - it doesnt fit her style at all, its more like a Gwen Stefani song or something, plus its track number two on the album, what a bad choice. And the lyrics seem to be exactly about the same thing as the biggest single on the previous album.

This song threw me off first listen also. I have to admit, it's not so bad now, and that's not because my gf has made me listen to this record a million times already. Have to give her credit for trying something a little different, while I agree it doesn't work to its full potential, it's a nice break from what is otherwise a ballad heavy album.

It's a Max Martin/Shellback track... And It sounds like everything else they do :(

Listening to my Amazon copy and it sounds really good, until Remedy (last song on Side A)... It gets really thin in some of the louder spots.

My copy came with a nasty seam split on the bottom of the jacket and on the sleeve... Put a request in for a replacement... We'll see if that one sounds any different

• 3 weeks later...

(Sorry... not to brag, but) I was able to get killer seats for her Atlanta show. I did the presale today and was able to get these seats (where the finger is pointing) for $162 a piece including fees.

12365982_10205543324768933_1120174011409

That's where I'm trying to get tomorrow. My lady is a huge fan

(Sorry... not to brag, but) I was able to get killer seats for her Atlanta show. I did the presale today and was able to get these seats (where the finger is pointing) for $162 a piece including fees.

12365982_10205543324768933_1120174011409

I would brag if I got those.  Well done!

Debating on going to two shows.  One where I splurge like that (if even available tomorrow) and one where I get cheap seats.

Yeah, I tried to get tickets for one of the DC dates, got in pretty quickly, but nothing.  I didn't have a high interest in going, but I know my wife would have really enjoyed it which is why I tried.  Never thought they would go that quickly, but I guess I'm pretty unaware of how hugely popular she must be.