PO: *shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo - 2xLP Purple - 3rd Pressing

17 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

The shipping sucks. I want Dhow, I'm not paying $16 per item though.

Yeah, it's horrendous - which is why I'm all about some sort of group buy. Looks like it caps around $22, despite how much you add to your cart. So even with 3 people it becomes much more reasonable.

22 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Yeah, it's horrendous - which is why I'm all about some sort of group buy. Looks like it caps around $22, despite how much you add to your cart. So even with 3 people it becomes much more reasonable.

That's weird, the other day I added 2 and it doubled

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my Mahumodo Waves yesterday (almost a 3 year wait, but medi kept his promise). Surprise -- shipping from Irvine, CA - where they used to ship from (where I got my Plains and Sea copies) .. before they moved to the UK, and Thailand. Postage $3.09...hmmmm, and they used some crumpled up SOTDD center labels in a bubble mailer as the album cushion. I'll snap a pic tonight if I can get a chance. I had $40ppd into this LP, but the quest is finally over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, larsensteiner said:

Received mine in Germany yesterday. Worst packaging ever. The record flew around in there, cut through the tape and literally fell out when it was handed over to me. No damage though, but still.

pakettqlm8.jpg

Yeah, mine came like that too. I was pretty horrified! Mine seems to have been spared any damage though.

3 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

That is one nasty response. Rude, condescending and outright dismissive. 

Which is why I never purchased the record I was inquiring about. The shipping was well near the price of the actual product. I emailed them curious as to why, explained that in all the years I have been purchasing records, had I seen a shipping cost (that was not international) cost so much. After a few back and forth responses, that was the last one I got.  I absolutely wanted Sea of the Dying Dhow, but I wouldn't give them my money after that.

Edited by THE_James_Champ