PO: *shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo - 2xLP Purple - 3rd Pressing

This definitely deserved it's own thread!

You probably know *shels holiday offering was free shipping starting 12/5 and they had to stop it as they were bleeding money haha. Such great folks, but why not do a 25% discount like everyone else, and maybe free ship > $100?  

Used to be LA shipping when the band was in UK, then they moved to Thailand (?) last year due to low cost of living, but shipping from ?UK now and that and Belgium and Finland are the highest cost shipping places.

**Definitely preorder this album**

I PO Ancients and it got lost, but they sent a replacement -- just no swag for being the first 100 as promised. :(

However, medi responds to emails and such a great guy. Ancients and Latitudes are awesome packaging and vinyl. 

I can't IG at work so here's links to my Plains and Sea vinyl, old pics, and the 1st press is Trans Purple and "Noir" Purple - and the Sea is different shades as well. Both sound just fine.

*****Free shipping on Dec. 14th  per Twitter and FB, so one more chance***** (not on PO's though)

I have very few posthardcore bands, but I've been begging medi to dig out those Waves (Mahumodo) and looks like he put a link up, so fingers crossed, ordering than on 12/14 for free shipping! The clean vocals on that album are such a great contrast to whatever the heck he's slobbering out on the harsh haha, and the tone/sustain on his guitar is eargasmic. I think I've said before his cleans remind me Gabriel.

https://instagram,com/p/lhl2m1gR2s/

https://instagram,com/p/lhkZw0AR09/

https://instagram,com/p/zREaqcgR8J/

We have three so far, maybe four? Brian, you should cancel your order and get in on this.

I would personally like to get the ball rolling as soon as possible if a group buy happens since this will be limited to /300, and it is pretty anticipated. If we don't have a group this weekend, I will probably opt out and just order one.

Unless I'm crazy and you guys think this will be around for awhile, but I remember Medi telling me he was receiving emails about it on a daily basis.

We have three so far, maybe four? Brian, you should cancel your order and get in on this.

I would personally like to get the ball rolling as soon as possible if a group buy happens since this will be limited to /300, and it is pretty anticipated. If we don't have a group this weekend, I will probably opt out and just order one.

Unless I'm crazy and you guys think this will be around for awhile, but I remember Medi telling me he was receiving emails about it on a daily basis.

I'm down for a group buy if I can cancel mine. I don't see why not. Would you be organizing it? I trusts yous!

I'm down for a group buy if I can cancel mine. I don't see why not. Would you be organizing it? I trusts yous!

I believe Ghost has kindly offered to organize everything for us. I would be terrible at leading any group buy since I have a 4-hour window once a week to get to the PO.  but if you are able to get in, it looks like we have five now and Derek would make six if he decides to join.

Free shipping would not count on Plains on Monday since it is a pre-order, right? 

I believe Ghost has kindly offered to organize everything for us. I would be terrible at leading any group buy since I have a 4-hour window once a week to get to the PO.  but if you are able to get in, it looks like we have five now and Derek would make six if he decides to join.

Free shipping would not count on Plains on Monday since it is a pre-order, right? 

K, let me shoot them an email and I'll be in.

Yeah, POTPB wouldn't qualify, sadly. What kind of total would we be looking at with 5-6 buyers?

The shipping caps at $40.50 after 3 records, so it'll get cheaper the more buyers we have in. With 6, we're looking at just under $32, with 5, about $33. Checked 7 for shits and giggles and it's $31. So essentially, it seems as though we drop a dollar for each additional buyer. 

• 5 weeks later...

Checked my order status and says mine shipped on Dec 24th. Anyone else's ship or anyone received this yet? 

Pretty sure this week on twitter he said they still needed 30 more PO's to get to the magic 100, before officially placing the order for /300.

Maybe they found a copy of an earlier pressing for you since pre-ordering so quickly? :)

Pretty sure this week on twitter he said they still needed 30 more PO's to get to the magic 100, before officially placing the order for /300.

Maybe they found a copy of an earlier pressing for you since pre-ordering so quickly? :)

That would be pretty awesome! I emailed them about it to see. I'll post if I get a response.

I've ordered from them before, and something similar happened to me last time. Over a year ago, shels had several second pressings remaining in their store. After listening to the album, I figured I would go ahead and get one from them. They marked the album as shipped, but after several months they never sent me anything. Long story short, I ended up cancelling the order because of how long it was taking to ship the album. To the best of my knowledge it seems like this is just how they conduct business in their store.

I placed an order this time around as well hoping that since I was purchasing a pre-order with a large group of people, instead of an everyday item from their store, that I would have better results. While mine is currently marked as shipped, I doubt these have even been pressed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...