The Weezer Thread

Very surprised by the restraint and style consistency on this record. Other than Girl We Got a Good Thing and Thank God for Girls (the latter of which I actually like for its off-putting weirdness), they kept all their worst impulses to over-produce things or go full-Radititude in check. EWBAITE, which was a comeback for them and I really liked it, was still ridiculous and genre-hopping despite its quality.

Oh man, that last track though. Wow. I'm really, really digging this album. This is the Weezer we know and love. I'm interested to hear everyone's descriptions of this album, and how they compare to their back catalogue (especially Blue / Green / Pinkerton). Rivers' clean vocals, range, and the way he holds a note on this album is one of the highlights for me. Going to give it another spin, but with one spin I'm already loving it.

Listened for the fourth time (digitally unfortunately--not in the mail today :/) and it's great. I think the blue and green on the split is supposed to represent how it's a blue/green hybrid musically, which is awesome.

The only track that's not hit me yet is "Jacked Up", and my favorite is "California Kids". My favorite new song (not a single) is "Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori".

Listened for the fourth time (digitally unfortunately--not in the mail today :/) and it's great. I think the blue and green on the split is supposed to represent how it's a blue/green hybrid musically, which is awesome.

The only track that's not hit me yet is "Jacked Up", and my favorite is "California Kids". My favorite new song (not a single) is "Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori".

I'm thinking either the Green / Blue influence, or maybe a Weezer themed beach ball. Haha.