PO 02/11 : Cult Of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner

the purpl eis on instagram and they look amazing!! my yellow just shipped today 

I was searching "webstagram" as you said that. The purple sure looks pretty. Though I don't see the speckles too well.

The blue and purple look great: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEOn9vIGCVw/

If any of you are considering the yellow, I'd jump on it quick. Pressing was confirmed /100 and they have been selling somewhat fast since. Looks like only ~43 left. Hopefully a picture pops up on IG tomorrow or the next.

Thanks. the price is hefty but I think I'll order once I see a picture... hopefully it won't be too late.

Pulled the trigger on the yellow. Figured I can trade or sell it if I'm not into it later on, since it's the more limited variant.

Cant wait to hear this stuff on vinyl.

Tried to post a pic of the blue variant for you. I keep getting this wrong extension message. But it's cool, dark blue transparent with light blue splatter.

Got mine yesterday as well - beautiful! A couple of questions for you guys:

• Since they don't seem to contain digital download codes - do you usually buy them again on iTunes or similar? I haven't had a chance to listen to the vinyl yet, and it might take a couple of days until I have the time. In cases like these, do you buy them again on a digital platform to listen on your phone?
  • Is there a (legal, of course) way to get the vinyl-only bonus track "Beyond the Redshift" in digital form?

<p>

Got mine yesterday as well - beautiful! A couple of questions for you guys:

• Is there a (legal, of course) way to get the vinyl-only bonus track "Beyond the Redshift" in digital form?

It's a bonus track on the Japanese CD, so it's already made its way around.

My interpretation of copyright law is definitely not 'correct', but there is a clause saying you can make copies from one format to the other of music you own. I figure I iwn the vinyl, so I download the tracks from wherever.

It's a bonus track on the Japanese CD, so it's already made its way around.

My interpretation of copyright law is definitely not 'correct', but there is a clause saying you can make copies from one format to the other of music you own. I figure I iwn the vinyl, so I download the tracks from wherever.

Thanks - I'll keep my eyes out for it. Still haven't had a chance to listen to the record yet. I ended up buying the album again on iTunes, so I can listen on my phone. Well, I hope that the band gets to see some of the money at least. The money I've spent on Cult of Luna releases this past month is ridiculous - I hope they benefit from that in some way...

The blue and purple look great: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEOn9vIGCVw/

If any of you are considering the yellow, I'd jump on it quick. Pressing was confirmed /100 and they have been selling somewhat fast since. Looks like only ~43 left. Hopefully a picture pops up on IG tomorrow or the next.

Out of curiosity, who confirmed that? Indie US has green and blue described as /100 and that is quantity they got, not the pressed one. Just wondering if that's the same case for yellow. Thanks for the info!

how does clear yellow with yellow splatter look anything like a solid opaque vinyl beyond it having yellow in them? They look nothing alike lol. love you gumbo

Shots fired! Haha. My yellow New Bermuda is a dark clear yellow with this like, white swirly marble patterning in it. It's very pretty, actually.

They look similar to me, is all.

Also, the Yellow probably isn't just /100 for the world. Totally forgot about that, that Indie puts it that way on their site. Oh well, it looks great any way.

Official Word on Yellow Vinyl.

via Facebook -

Greg: Hey man, I'm hoping you can clear something up for me. There's some disagreement about the quantities of Mariner that have been pressed. Is the yellow variant limited to 100 copies worldwide?

Cult of Luna: Hello Greg. No it's not. Same quantities as the other ones but we shipped 100 vinyl in US so it will be easier for you guys to buy it without huge shipping costs. It's available at indie Merch.

Alexis / COL management.

Official Word on Yellow Vinyl.

via Facebook -

Greg: Hey man, I'm hoping you can clear something up for me. There's some disagreement about the quantities of Mariner that have been pressed. Is the yellow variant limited to 100 copies worldwide?

Cult of Luna: Hello Greg. No it's not. Same quantities as the other ones but we shipped 100 vinyl in US so it will be easier for you guys to buy it without huge shipping costs. It's available at indie Merch.

Alexis / COL management.

Ah, I thought it was more limited since it was more expensive than the other variants. What about purple? According to discogs there are 530.

From Facebook.

Greg: I'm going to update discogs right now, can you confirm that there were 730 copies of each color pressed? I'm showing that the purple was only 530 copies pressed. Thanks again!!!!

Cult of Luna: Hi. Yes exactly. Yellow one we will be on sale on our website and the label one only.

Uhhh.... so I think that means 730 for all colors.

From Facebook.

Greg: I'm going to update discogs right now, can you confirm that there were 730 copies of each color pressed? I'm showing that the purple was only 530 copies pressed. Thanks again!!!!

Cult of Luna: Hi. Yes exactly. Yellow one we will be on sale on our website and the label one only.

Uhhh.... so I think that means 730 for all colors.

2920 is just such a random amount for the color pressing of this. When I asked them they said they didn't even know a yellow one was getting pressed until it arrived in their box. So i am still a little hesitant to think they know. They originally told me they have no idea about the pressings because it was all done by the label and they had no idea of the colors beyond the green, or numbers. 

2920 is just such a random amount for the color pressing of this. When I asked them they said they didn't even know a yellow one was getting pressed until it arrived in their box. So i am still a little hesitant to think they know. They originally told me they have no idea about the pressings because it was all done by the label and they had no idea of the colors beyond the green, or numbers. 

Maybe the intended pressing was 3000, and it came 80 short because of acceptable margins of over/under run?

Out of curiosity, who confirmed that? Indie US has green and blue described as /100 and that is quantity they got, not the pressed one. Just wondering if that's the same case for yellow. Thanks for the info!

I may have jumped the gun on this one. Originally I was talking with the guy who was updating the Discogs page with pressing number. He said he got his information via Tiger Shop which is the label/distro in Oslo. Since then I have been a little skeptical so I contacted Indiemerch, Tiger Shop and the band to get a straight answer. So far all that I have gathered is that the /100 on Indiemerch is a result of numbers given to them via the band, Tiger Shop has no idea about the purple/yellow pressing info and the band still hasn't got back to me.

It may make sense that all pressings are limited to 730. I would have assumed that the higher cost of the yellow and it only being available on Indiemerch meant it being more limited, but apparently they had every color available at their merch table while they were on tour. So probably more than 100 pressed of the yellow.