PO: O'Brother - Endless Light

I spun my black/red copy this morning all the way through and I was really impressed with the quality. One of my better sounding records actually. I waited to listen to the whole album until I got the record in and I'm glad I did because it was a great experience. I'm really enjoying this.

Thanks for being the first person to actually answer my question. Haha. How does it compare to Garden Window?

I would put it up there with GW. They have different vibes to them but both are some really well.

Couldn't agree more. Garden window is so high on its pedestal for me but this album is easily right there with it. So much of the instrumentation stands out more on vinyl and complicated end times and time is a length of rope being my favorite tracks so far. Also, I asked their ex guitarist if he did the artwork for this album and he said it was actually a piece from a friend of theirs that was hanging at his funeral. And Johnny overlayed some nature images on it. So that definitely adds to the eerieness and lyric themes of endless light.

Couldn't agree more. Garden window is so high on its pedestal for me but this album is easily right there with it. So much of the instrumentation stands out more on vinyl and complicated end times and time is a length of rope being my favorite tracks so far. Also, I asked their ex guitarist if he did the artwork for this album and he said it was actually a piece from a friend of theirs that was hanging at his funeral. And Johnny overlayed some nature images on it. So that definitely adds to the eerieness and lyric themes of endless light.

Sounds compelling enough for me to give it a shot. Garden Window was just so good and I haven't really liked much since. But damn are they fantastic live and good dudes. So I'll give this a go, and buy it if I'm digging it.

Sounds compelling enough for me to give it a shot. Garden Window was just so good and I haven't really liked much since. But damn are they fantastic live and good dudes. So I'll give this a go, and buy it if I'm digging it.

For sure. I remember seeing them in the death of day era and the hype for garden was real. I followed every studio update they were doing and saw them once before and again after garden window came out. That album is just perfect. Disillusion was good but just I feel like GW must casted a huge shadow and it didn't resonate with me the first few listens. But this album is definitely great upon first listen and is a grower. Also I ordered 180 gram and got the red/black as well.

Thanks for being the first person to actually answer my question. Haha. How does it compare to Garden Window?

Bruhhhhhhhh...lol

Got my 180g in today & I am fittingly doing a 180 on my take on this album. The vinyl makes these songs really pop. Sounds incredible. How good is "Complicated End Times"???

Yep, definitely didn't answer either.

Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down, sweetheart. Everything will be ok. I'm on mobile and didn't see it. But you didn't exactly go into much detail, did ya?

Tell me how you feel about it compared to the rest of their catalog. Like I said before I'm really into GW but the rest after that fell short for me. How did it play out for you? I'm curious about is they went back to the heavier stuff or maybe in a different direction.

I spun my black/red copy this morning all the way through and I was really impressed with the quality. One of my better sounding records actually. I waited to listen to the whole album until I got the record in and I'm glad I did because it was a great experience. I'm really enjoying this.

Awesome. Giving this a listen later on tonight.

I really love garden window, that's always gonna be hard to beat, but where everyone fell out from disillusion, I totally disagree. I really enjoyed that album, but I feel Endless Light strikes a pretty definitive balance between the two, while not sounding recycled or unoriginal. It's fresh, they sound renewed, and this album is perfection.

I really love garden window, that's always gonna be hard to beat, but where everyone fell out from disillusion, I totally disagree. I really enjoyed that album, but I feel Endless Light strikes a pretty definitive balance between the two, while not sounding recycled or unoriginal. It's fresh, they sound renewed, and this album is perfection.

Awesome, awesome. I've only heard the first song they put out from this and wanted to wait to give anything else a listen until it was out. Definitely an interesting perspective. Thanks, bud.

I am not among those who fell out...I think Disillusion was a hell of a record, and have enjoyed it immensely. Garden Window is a stunning piece of work, yes, but Disillusion is still highly enjoyable for me. Hoping my copy of Endless Light arrives soon; I got the download link yesterday, but I'm trying to hold off until I can spin the vinyl version first.

I am not among those who fell out...I think Disillusion was a hell of a record, and have enjoyed it immensely. Garden Window is a stunning piece of work, yes, but Disillusion is still highly enjoyable for me. Hoping my copy of Endless Light arrives soon; I got the download link yesterday, but I'm trying to hold off until I can spin the vinyl version first.

<3

I am absolutely in love with this album. It keeps getting better after each listen. The production is fantastic also, SO much better than the last album. I really disliked Tanner's vocals on Disillusion but he sounds amazing here. The atmosphere, tones, everything is on point. Solid right through!