The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Stoked on the BBNG.  How did people wind up feeling about the Wells Fargo release musically?  Got any comps for it?   I dig classic rock ala Can, Hendrix, SRV, ext so I feel like it might be up my ally. 

I'm thinking of doing the 3 month subscription but wanna make sure there is something I would swap out for in the case I don't like one of the next two releases.   

1 hour ago, B-dosia said:

From VMP: 

Good morning vinyl friend,

We’re writing to let you know that we discovered yesterday that the Lil Wayne album we received was actually just a 5-song sampler, not the full album. This was not what we thought we had purchased and we're currently trying to get it worked out with our distributor. 

In the mean time we’ve refunded your money and cancelled the order - your refund will post in the next 5-7 business days. We apologize for this inconvenience…we wanted the full album on our shelves too :(

Please let us know if you have any questions on this or if there's anything we can help with!

The VMP Team

I Knew it was too good to be true...

Fuck. I figured that was the case, cuz I haven't seen the full album around since shortly after release. The first three tracks are pretty much the best, so I guess it wouldn't be a huge waste at $11. 

First additions announced for the August store, which opens July 18th at 9am PT / 12pm ET

<>MEMBER STORE EXCLUSIVES<>
Rodrigo Amarante - Cavalo (VMP Exclusive, LTD to 600, White Vinyl) (Price TBD)

<>CURATED NEW RELEASES<>
Russian Circles - Guidance ($21)

<>BOX SETS<>

<>CURATED REISSUES<>
Betty Davis: The Columbia Years (LITA, Black vinyl) ($23)

17 minutes ago, darkeyelids said:

I know this is a silly question, but If I cancel my crate subscription before something I bought ships from the store, its all good right? I just noticed that I am due to be charged for another subscription before avalanches ships. 

Yes, since you were already charged/paid for Avalanches.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ryantark said:

New platform - https://app.vinylmeplease.com/

It appears 20 or so Avalanches, Car Seat Headrest, and Kurt available.  Must click "forgot your password" to purchase from the new site.

Now it would just be great if they would actually send the email to change my password :-/   Still waiting......

15 minutes ago, ryantark said:

New platform - https://app.vinylmeplease.com/

It appears 20 or so Avalanches, Car Seat Headrest, and Kurt available.  Must click "forgot your password" to purchase from the new site.

Not sure if they're actually available in the new store/platform, no one has received their "password reset" e-mail yet, so can't checkout yet.

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

so perhaps they held some copies back to entice people to sign up for the new site?

Yep, and/or saved cancellation stock. Grabbed a Car Seat Headrest, and I noticed the listing page didn't have a disclaimer about a missing second disc. Wondering if these will ship with it included already.

4 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yep, and/or saved cancellation stock. Grabbed a Car Seat Headrest, and I noticed the listing page didn't have a disclaimer about a missing second disc. Wondering if these will ship with it included already.

My local shop just got some in so I'd assume they have the corrected disc. 

I assume they are just getting the new store/member portal rolling before sending a mass e-mail to thousands of subscribers asking them to reset their passwords. Give it time, and consider yourself lucky you pay attention enough to grab a leftover copy if possible.

Also, the 'Sale' section is loaded with good stuff...

3 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I assume they are just getting the new store/member portal rolling before sending a mass e-mail to thousands of subscribers asking them to reset their passwords. Give it time, and consider yourself lucky you pay attention enough to grab a leftover copy if possible.

Also, the 'Sale' section is loaded with good stuff...

Right? If I wasn't so invested in the Destroyer and Chills exclusives next month, I could probably do some real damage in there.