Grateful Dead Tribute Compilation (The National, War on Drugs, Flaming Lips, Wilco, etc.)

dvv

Maybe Bullmoose didn't order very many, because they're not too keen on being stuck with a ton of heavy bulky expensive boxsets with a slim profit margin after everyone cancels their order to save 12 bucks or whatever

I doubt this is limited to less than at least 1000, pressing 10 LPs with a run lower than that would make this way more expensive than what they're selling it for.

6 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

aaaaaand 4ad adds 100s more once they ran out, clearly to mask the initial "limited" amount they had. vintage move

To be fair, most buyers don't continually check stock by carting everything. Maybe its just the way their system works. I don't think they are being dishonest here.

• 2 months later...

Mine aren't too dissimilar to the mock up. Maybe the less bold colors are a touch lighter (like the flesh colored one is barely discernible from the white), but I'm happy with the look. 

Pretty sure that these were made with one side of the biscuit being white and the other side being the color. Consistently in my set, the side that is more white with the color pressed in looks better than the color side with the white pressed in. 

Edited by timsimmons

Just got my shipping notification from the 4AD store. As with every cross-pond order, I look forward to seeing it in 3 weeks.

Edit: Well. Wasn't expecting this. 6 hours after getting my shipping notification, the box just turned up. Yet to sink my teeth into the music but it's an incredible all round product. Love a good 4AD pizza box too.

Edited by samferguson17

Still no word from Bull Moose. Have tried emailing them, but haven't gotten any response. Did however just get a Day of The Dead/4AD email saying that "it will be available to purchase from independent stores from October 14th. I guess that means I won't be seeing this for another month? Not sure why if it's out already they would delay indie stores from getting it?

Update: Just heard back from BM, it has indeed been pushed back to 10/14. Weird?

Edited by AdamJNovak
Update

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody know how 4ADs customer service is?

finally got around to opening this, was out of town when it came, and it is pretty much destroyed.  A quarter pizza box is shredded and 1/4 is smashed with a major crease on the other half.  Pretty bummed about this but hopefully I can get a new one shipped to replace it.

30 minutes ago, apirk said:

Anybody know how 4ADs customer service is?

finally got around to opening this, was out of town when it came, and it is pretty much destroyed.  A quarter pizza box is shredded and 1/4 is smashed with a major crease on the other half.  Pretty bummed about this but hopefully I can get a new one shipped to replace it.

I've had orders show up where the jackets had huge creases in them and they replaced them no questions asked. Not sure if it being a box will make any difference ...