The S U R V I V E Thread - First album repressing, PO now

26 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

I don't understand how they butchered the black in yellow variant so bad when the ToT record release was the same variant and came out perfect 

ToT record release was transparent yellow with opaque black CiC, this was opaque yellow with opaque black CiC. Opaque-in-opaque CiCs often come out similar to this.

46 minutes ago, deer said:

ToT record release was transparent yellow with opaque black CiC, this was opaque yellow with opaque black CiC. Opaque-in-opaque CiCs often come out similar to this.

I understand but dunno why they decided to change it up, the survive opaque version hardly looks that good; came out looking like discolored yellow in yellow with that cheap plastic look

6 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Honestly, the prices on the secondary market for them are not bad. I think I saw a blue copy and black-in-yellow sell for around $35 on eBay/Discogs in the past week. 

Or just wait a few weeks until they announce yet another one...

Has that been a trend with this album? With a new variant coming out eeyr other week?

45 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

Has that been a trend with this album? With a new variant coming out eeyr other week?

No joke. http://store.relapse.com/item/41044

PRESSING INFO:

Sixth Press

4400 x Black Standard Gram

600 x Black Inside Easter Yellow Standard Gram *Appears Dark Yellow Inside of Easter Yellow*

Fifth Press

2000 x Black Standard Gram

Fourth Press

2000 x Black Standard Gram

Third Press

700 x Black Standard Gram

300 x Sea Blue Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

Second Press

500 x Black Standard Gram

500 x Doublemint Green *European Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

First Press

1750 x Black Standard Gram

400 x Bone White Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

250 x Easter Yellow Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear (do not request clear)

• 2 weeks later...

I've never gotten a shipment email for them in 10+ years of ordering.  But they don't charge until shipping so if they charged your card it should have been shipped around then. I used to check my account on their site for order status but I haven't bought anything since they updated their website so that may have changed.

On 20/11/2016 at 11:06 PM, fish said:

I've never gotten a shipment email for them in 10+ years of ordering.  But they don't charge until shipping so if they charged your card it should have been shipped around then. I used to check my account on their site for order status but I haven't bought anything since they updated their website so that may have changed.

Yes, good point - will check my account! :)

Have only ordered 4 or 5 times from them to date, but always got a shipping notification email. Strange! Maybe due to ordering from the UK store rather than the US?! Who knows!

6 hours ago, SE7EN said:

Yes, good point - will check my account! :)

Have only ordered 4 or 5 times from them to date, but always got a shipping notification email. Strange! Maybe due to ordering from the UK store rather than the US?! Who knows!

everything will be okay, this isn't a 17th stranger things variant..

we have patience over here 

4 minutes ago, ethereal said:

just received my holodeck variant and it's like clear with black smoke but really dark, looks black at first glance.

definitely not what I was expecting but still turned out pretty cool 

Yeah, it's appearance is similar to one of the records in the recent reissue of Peregrine by Appleseed Cast done by Graveface Records, if any of you are familiar with that pressing.