jhulud

Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

I saw Burial Waves play their first show tonight. Members of We Were Black Clouds, a bunch of other bands, and  fronted by Kyle of Pianos Become the Teeth. They were pretty good, not quite as refined as PBTT, but I'd definitely recommend keeping an eye on them for an upcoming EP/LP (they played 6 songs over 30 minutes) or even catching their next show in D.C. if you're in that area. They opened for Slow Crush and Grivo which was a no brainer for me to attend.

Man, I don't know about you guys but I can't get enough of this new Pray For Sound.  I love the proto-dance sort of Maserati vibe a lot of the songs have with the bass grooves.  Talus, All of the Days, Waves.... fuck yeah.  All that shit with the bouncy bass. 

If you haven't picked this up, you should. 

On 2/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Man, I don't know about you guys but I can't get enough of this new Pray For Sound.  I love the proto-dance sort of Maserati vibe a lot of the songs have with the bass grooves.  Talus, All of the Days, Waves.... fuck yeah.  All that shit with the bouncy bass. 

If you haven't picked this up, you should. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

haha i know you hate them.  I can't get enough though. 

Lol I don’t hate them.  I’ve just tried for 4 albums to get into them & like pretty much 2 songs from Dreamer, of which they never expanded on (Mourner & Day Bringer), & that’s it.  Had they went the more ambient/post-rock mix route of those 2 songs I’d like them more.  I’m not into the upbeat poppy jams that go nowhere.  There are never any exciting builds, or riffs, or payoffs for me.  

On 2/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, mrewest said:

Lol I don’t hate them.  I’ve just tried for 4 albums to get into them & like pretty much 2 songs from Dreamer, of which they never expanded on (Mourner & Day Bringer), & that’s it.  Had they went the more ambient/post-rock mix route of those 2 songs I’d like them more.  I’m not into the upbeat poppy jams that go nowhere.  There are never any exciting builds, or riffs, or payoffs for me.  

Did you ever listen to their ambient album, Waiting Room?  You may find that more to your taste. 

I can see now being into Dreamer; it's my least favorite of theirs.  I think the previous album is their strongest, with songs like "I've Seen Hell and it's White" which I think may be their best song they've ever written.  But this new one has the dancey Maserati thing almost kinda going on, and I just love that.  But i like the upbeat shit like Wander and you stated your disdain for that band too ;)

I think it's because I like dancing and so I like the grooving aspect.  Their stuff gets me moving, and I enjoy that. 

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Did you ever listen to their ambient album, Waiting Room?  You may find that more to your taste. 

I can see now being into Dreamer; it's my least favorite of theirs.  I think the previous album is their strongest, with songs like "I've Seen Hell and it's White" which I think may be their best song they've ever written.  But this new one has the dancey Maserati thing almost kinda going on, and I just love that.  But i like the upbeat shit like Wander and you stated your disdain for that band too ;)

I think it's because I like dancing and so I like the grooving aspect.  Their stuff gets me moving, and I enjoy that. 

Waiting Room was TOO ambient 😆.  There’s a thin line for me between ambient I like & ambient I don’t.  Bands like Of the Vine & Be Water are perfect examples of what I love.

Yeah if you dig PFS it doesn’t surprise me to like Wander.   And vice versa!

Anyways, you may dig this new Unconditional Arms song.  It actually has the PFS upbeat tempo but finishes with the crushing UA sound I love.

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Waiting Room was TOO ambient 😆.  There’s a thin line for me between ambient I like & ambient I don’t.  Bands like Of the Vine & Be Water are perfect examples of what I love.

Yeah if you dig PFS it doesn’t surprise me to like Wander.   And vice versa!

Anyways, you may dig this new Unconditional Arms song.  It actually has the PFS upbeat tempo but finishes with the crushing UA sound I love.

wow that was really good, but over way too soon!!!