MLB Discussion

The bar I was at popped about 10 bottles of champagne. I'd say ~2 were consumed with the rest being sprayed and showered. That was by far the best atmosphere I've been a part of for any sporting event that I wasn't actually at. Shit, they were tossing hot dogs around! I'm just so happy. So relieved. So tired. So fucked up. So validated.

I'm really glad Simmons won the SS gold glove in the NL, dude is going to win it for the next 10 years

i feel like there weren't any real snubs in the GG voting this year. parra and gomez definitely deserved their wins. i think pedroia deserved his solely on his game 3 9th-inning diving stop and throw, but what do i know? and i feel like they just gave wainwright one because he would've had a cy young-caliber season in any other year haha

So I had to be to work at 5 this morning. Will have to do the same on Thursday. Win or lose, I don't know how I'm going to function.

5 am was thankfully changed to 7 am today. but i still put in 9 hours on 2 1/2 hours of sleep- and i have no idea how i functioned.

it was really cool to be at the mall today- there was actually a line to get into sports authority when they opened because people HAD to get their world series gear... myself included.

i picked up the grey hoodie everyone's been wearing in the dugout. just a cool $80, nbd.

parade is saturday and... fuck. i don't know if i can go. none of my friends seem to be available, and my car is not nearly reliable enough to get me to boston right now. plus i'd have to be back for a quick shift at 4:30, and then we're having a halloween party that night that we haven't done a damn thing to prepare for.

04 parade was cool.. but the weather sucked and i was underage. 07 was, hands down, top 5 days of my life.

long story short, it doesn't seem reasonable to go. but i still feel like i HAVE to.

it was an inside job... she was tipped off to when a certain gate might be unattended...

i was wicked jealous when she was sending pics from the game last night (like damn mom, can't send me to college but you drop a grand on a Sox ticket??) but when i talked to her today and she told me what happened, i was just so proud.

5 am was thankfully changed to 7 am today. but i still put in 9 hours on 2 1/2 hours of sleep- and i have no idea how i functioned.

it was really cool to be at the mall today- there was actually a line to get into sports authority when they opened because people HAD to get their world series gear... myself included.

i picked up the grey hoodie everyone's been wearing in the dugout. just a cool $80, nbd.

parade is saturday and... fuck. i don't know if i can go. none of my friends seem to be available, and my car is not nearly reliable enough to get me to boston right now. plus i'd have to be back for a quick shift at 4:30, and then we're having a halloween party that night that we haven't done a damn thing to prepare for.

04 parade was cool.. but the weather sucked and i was underage. 07 was, hands down, top 5 days of my life.

long story short, it doesn't seem reasonable to go. but i still feel like i HAVE to.

Dude, fucking go to that parade! Go for all us Sox fans who CAN'T go.  Even though you've been in 04 and 07, I've got a feeling this one is going to be even more amazing after what this team meant to the city of Boston all year.

fucking go!

i know, but... i can't. because even if i go- i'd have to leave around 5 or 6 am. which would be after working to 10 pm tomorrow night. and even if i went, stayed for a few hours.. even then getting home would be a disaster. so to cram in all that stress, then come home and host a party before working a 9-7 shift sunday..

fuck. i can't. i'm already completely sleep deprived. there's no way i can stretch this out another 4 days.