MLB Discussion

That doesnt explain last year though for him.

He wasn't healthy in 2013 either -- had abdominal surgery in the offseason.

I'm not delusional. He might be the biggest albatross contract in baseball right now. I'm just hoping he can get it together and put up years like 2013 for the next few years. A 3.4 ERA and good playoff numbers is fine. I know all the indicators are against him. Just hoping that the light at the end of the tunnel with these injuries is that he can get healthy and get the ERA under 3.5 for the rest of the contract.

Hell, I'd take an ERA under 4 for the rest of it if you could guarantee it.

Verlander has a long way to go to reach Ryan Howard albatross contract heights, though Verlander could reach it if he keeps going like he has the past two years. What is bizarre about Verlander is that in theplayoffs last year he velocity was back and he was pitching better, it is like he just doesnt try in the season anymore. Looking like a good thing that the Tigers got Price though.

Verlander has a long way to go to reach Ryan Howard albatross contract heights, though Verlander could reach it if he keeps going like he has the past two years. What is bizarre about Verlander is that in theplayoffs last year he velocity was back and he was pitching better, it is like he just doesnt try in the season anymore. Looking like a good thing that the Tigers got Price though.

You may want to add Mauer to the list of albatross contracts.

"They told me, 'We're going to be aggressive. You're going to get blown out of the water by some of these [other] offers,'" Lester said. "I'm like, 'I don't need to be blown out of the water.' Why would I need to be blown out of the water? That doesn't make or break your decision, at least for me. I'm not going to the highest bidder. I'm going to the place that makes me and my family happy. If that's Boston, it's Boston."

pleeeeeeease!!!!

The guy has already won us 2 World Series, tossed a no-no, beat cancer, is superhuman in the post season, and has only gotten better with age.

He's earned it.