PO: The Armed - Perfect Saviors

2 hours ago, drewberinger said:

Dan Ozzi's FADER profile is a must read look behind the mystery 

https://www.thefader.com/2023/06/27/cover-story-the-armed-perfect-saviors-interview-profile-2023

That was a great read. I still just assume any details I hear about the band are a ruse. Hopefully one day we will get a complete history. 

I haven’t posted on this board in a few years but logged in just to post about this LP! I love the new track. More so than the first two singles from Ultrapop. Looking forward to the full thing. 

That article is still hard to tell what’s real. My biggest takeaway is that the guy I assumed was Dan Greene is named Trevor. Here’s his LinkedIn even.  Ha. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trevor-naud-3884ab9

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, KyleHL said:

It’s out! Thoughts?

I like it more than Ultrapop at first listen personally. 

Love it. Love everything about it.

Parts of this album gave me goosebumps on first listen and it's been along while since music has done that. The song writing and structures are insane. 

I've been in to this band since These Are Lights and every release since just keeps impressing me more and more!

Thier evolving sound never lets me down! 

I adored the balance of chaotic hardcore and noise rock with the hooks they had on Only Love. I'd say as a whole, it's a decent experimental alt-rock/pop punk album, but I think Ultrapop was a little better than this. This definitely has moments, but if you're a fan of their older sound, this is a big step away from that.

Based on the singles I was surprised there was as much “craziness” as there actually is. Also really happy that Patient Mind finally made it to an album. I thought it was going to live on YouTube forever. 

Really curious to see what’s next. Based on some interviews it sounds like they might take another big turn on the next album. 

11 hours ago, no.one said:

I adored the balance of chaotic hardcore and noise rock with the hooks they had on Only Love. I'd say as a whole, it's a decent experimental alt-rock/pop punk album, but I think Ultrapop was a little better than this. This definitely has moments, but if you're a fan of their older sound, this is a big step away from that.

Only Love is still a masterpiece.