Interscope Vinyl Collective

jhulud

I wanted to start with Betty as well. I just can't keep up with all my Preorders so I just opted in with NIN to be safe even tho I've had one since 2017. I don't own a copy of MNM so I'll just go with it. I'll prolly opt out after Betty tho. I might just sell my NIN copy at some point since there's nothing I really need from it. I happen to like my Def copy a lot anyway

Re: Downward Spral reissue. 

I'm finally getting around to getting around to spinning this and gotta say I'm disappointed. There are multiple skips, and looking at the album while playing it's obviously warped like a frisbee on the outside.

Anyone else experience getting a warped copy. I guess I'll see how good Interscope's customer service is.

4 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

Re: Downward Spral reissue. 

I'm finally getting around to getting around to spinning this and gotta say I'm disappointed. There are multiple skips, and looking at the album while playing it's obviously warped like a frisbee on the outside.

Anyone else experience getting a warped copy. I guess I'll see how good Interscope's customer service is.

Customer service was awesome. My first copy had a giant seam split. I sent a picture and they had a new copy in my hands within a week. And they didn't even ask for the old one back. 

holy shit that Eminem sold out IMMEDIATELY. I had been checking periodically today to sign back up and grab that one and its gone

That also makes me wonder. If more than 3000 people are already pre signed up for a subscription how does that work if theres only 3000 copies available?

Edited by JohnMatrix

I mean, I've been signed up from the jump and haven't missed one (obviously), but they said in an email a week or two ago that "there are a few slots available for Eminem," so it must be strictly limited to 3000.

Depending on what comes after, I may free up a spot for No Doubt, but tbd.

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

That also makes me wonder. If more than 3000 people are already pre signed up for a subscription how does that work if theres only 3000 copies available?

Bingo! That's what I was so worried about. 2500 to 3000 for a sub service doesn't make any sense! Luckily I signed up for NIN. As soon as I get my Helmet, I'm out

3 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

I guess since Eminem is gone Ill sign up now for Helmet so I don't miss that one

Nevermind it wont let me 

You're gonna have to wait until someone cancels or they up the pressing quantities, I would assume. I'll keep my eyes on emails from them in case they announce additional slots. If I learn anything, I'll post it.

I get the allure of these super limited exclusive versions but it kind of sucks you basically need to keep your subscription going and pay for albums you have no interest in if you want to get something you like. I don't want Billie Eilish or No Doubt but it's almost like you have to just pay the money and get them

9 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

I get the allure of these super limited exclusive versions but it kind of sucks you basically need to keep your subscription going and pay for albums you have no interest in if you want to get something you like. I don't want Billie Eilish or No Doubt but it's almost like you have to just pay the money and get them

This is exactly what I've done. It really kind of sucks, but also, I could maintain the entire collection depending on how long it lasts. On the up side of it, it looks like it's pretty easy to get your money back on most releases if you unload them on Discogs. 

10 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

If you really wanna know what the allure is with these "limited exclusives", go check out FLEABAY🤡

Those are the "real" collectors!

So my friend that worked for Capitol now works over at Interscope (Capitol had huge layoffs). So I’m trying to get some more insight into the “club”. Coincidentally she knows the dude that kinda started it. She’s only been there a month now, but I’m just gonna try to get whatever inside info she has. 

32 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

So my friend that worked for Capitol now works over at Interscope (Capitol had huge layoffs). So I’m trying to get some more insight into the “club”. Coincidentally she knows the dude that kinda started it. She’s only been there a month now, but I’m just gonna try to get whatever inside info she has. 

I fully support this endeavor 😂 Detective Sad Heart!

26 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Anyone have any suggestions I can pass along to maybe improve the process? Like how you can “skip” with VMP and get credit, instead of having to cancel, and later rejoin and possibly losing your spot? Maybe just a skip/pause feature. 

Also here are some photos of the Eminem release:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have a long email with a bunch of feedback I sent to them some time ago when I was bored, I could FWD it to you if you want.