NHL Discussion

god i hope not, mayorsmanor posted these. Hes pretty truthworthy so im gonna guess these are close to the real thing

d1323300520011e399070e05f518f0a4_8.jpg

7111744a4c1511e391a60a732777536b_8.jpg

1st giveaway that these are not real is the lack of reebok. But it could be a version of it and if so I can't support that. The kinds one is too much like the original (all though worlds better than that hideous shitstorm of a ducks jersey)

Just wanted to share some observations for you from my Ducks/Kings experience these past two games. 

- Ducks fans were a lot louder this year than two years ago. I was impressed...two years ago I could literally hear conversations between fans in sections that were not my own. 

- Not a single person said a word to me in Anaheim (though I was with 6 people). Seemed like a very family friendly atmosphere. And I was in the cheap seats.

- Kings fans, much like my experience two years ago (when the devils won 3-0) were mega huge, almost ranger level cock suckers. I have no problem with chirping road fans, its part of the fun. But it was the type of people doing it, and how clearly fair weather they were. (NICE POLO SHIRT AND STANLEY CUP CAP BUDDY). Two years ago, a guy was yelling for Kovalchuk to die of aids. Magic Johnson, was all I said in return.  

- The whole "devils fans, you suck" call and response is pretty cool, if you treat your home games like fraternity hazing. Funny how one cup can make you forget your prior history of being generally terrible. I get it though, I was excited when the devils won their first cup. And the second. And the third.

- The Jersey Shore heads are a clever way to taunt a goalie...(considering Snooki is from Staten Island NY and Pauly D from Providence RI, it misses the mark a bit) but I had to remind kings fans that you guys have Amanda Bynes, the end. 

Overall a very satisfying two days. Go devs. 

Just wanted to share some observations for you from my Ducks/Kings experience these past two games. 

- Ducks fans were a lot louder this year than two years ago. I was impressed...two years ago I could literally hear conversations between fans in sections that were not my own. 

- Not a single person said a word to me in Anaheim (though I was with 6 people). Seemed like a very family friendly atmosphere. And I was in the cheap seats.

- Kings fans, much like my experience two years ago (when the devils won 3-0) were mega huge, almost ranger level cock suckers. I have no problem with chirping road fans, its part of the fun. But it was the type of people doing it, and how clearly fair weather they were. (NICE POLO SHIRT AND STANLEY CUP CAP BUDDY). Two years ago, a guy was yelling for Kovalchuk to die of aids. Magic Johnson, was all I said in return.  

- The whole "devils fans, you suck" call and response is pretty cool, if you treat your home games like fraternity hazing. Funny how one cup can make you forget your prior history of being generally terrible. I get it though, I was excited when the devils won their first cup. And the second. And the third.

- The Jersey Shore heads are a clever way to taunt a goalie...(considering Snooki is from Staten Island NY and Pauly D from Providence RI, it misses the mark a bit) but I had to remind kings fans that you guys have Amanda Bynes, the end. 

Overall a very satisfying two days. Go devs. 

I have noticed Honda center has gotten a bit louder this season... then again, the Devils was the first home loss. I expect the loudness to die down soon. However, if you're on the cheap seats where the Ducks shoot twice (i.e. where the real fans sit, it's always loud. What section were you in? Just curious if I saw you there. Someone has the green/red Devils jersey and it was pretty sweet. My seats have an American Flag translated into orange and white with a huge D on it hanging above ours.

I have noticed Honda center has gotten a bit louder this season... then again, the Devils was the first home loss. I expect the loudness to die down soon. However, if you're on the cheap seats where the Ducks shoot twice (i.e. where the real fans sit, it's always loud. What section were you in? Just curious if I saw you there. Someone has the green/red Devils jersey and it was pretty sweet. My seats have an American Flag translated into orange and white with a huge D on it hanging above ours.

I was in 411 I think, center ice behind the benches .

is anyone willing to take the time to correlate the NHL to the NBA for me? or NFL for that matter? For instance, which teams in the NHL rely on their speed? Are their pure brute strength players? Who are the major stars? Who is the "Kobe" or "LeBron"

I'm trying to learn the league, but I don't have cable but I'd love to know understand what the announcers are talking about when I watch ESPN highlights on the web.

Thanks...

I'd love to help out but I'm on my phone right now and the NHL & hockey in General is a far more complex team sport to compare it to the nba in my opinion. More often than not teams that rely on speed sacrifice a lot of d so they end up not being a good team ie the Oilers. One team that does successfully blend speed and solid defense are the Blackhawks through.

A majority of the top teams in the league rely on a solid foundation of defense ie the bruins, kings, hawks, blues etc.

As far as marquee player you're looking at Crosby, Ovechkin, stamkos, malkin but really almost every team has some sort of "superstar", just depends on what you like. For me I like a complete player so I like players like Kopitar and datsyuk who may not put up a ton of points but are also great defensive guys.

A couple really good blogs on hockey are the puckdaddy blog on yahoo and backhand shelf on the score which could help you understand the league & players as well as the game in general.

There is sooooo much more to the sport though that in sure others can eleberate more on.