NHL Discussion

Matt is pumped

Friday night absolutely. Thank god I wasnt home to watch that shit show last night.

As for Subban, I personally dont like him because he plays like a dirty piece of shit. But because he is on the Habs and he's a very skilled player, it goes unnoticed. Headshots, a million slewfoots, etc... I call him Slewban. 

Seriously, what the hell. And what's going on with Nash? Dude has been a no show so far.

Im about to kill this guy. Daniel Carcillo has more goals this playoffs than Nash does in his career. Not to mention his goal totals have gone down every season. He was given the chance here to win a cup and show that he was just being held back in that shitty system. So far he has done the opposite of that.

Anybody want to put a guess on how many games Minnesota wins in the Chicago series. I say one if they are lucky. Colorado would have had a chance against Chicago. Minnesota doesn't have a prayer. They have no defense and no goaltending which won't get you very far. Can't believe Ryan Suter left Nashville for Minnesota. Its not like Minnesota is winning a cup anytime soon with that squad. And for the record I hope I'm wrong cause God knows I don't want to Chicago win another cup!

Unfortunately I think the Wild are gonna get swept.

On Suter, it's not that surprising. The Wild have a good group of kids and he got to go home with his best friend, and got a shit load of money to do it. The Wild might not win a cup soon but they will be in the playoffs more consistently than Nashville.

I think the Wild will win tomorrow night. Xcel is going to be insane. A lot of talk about Bryz, but he has been ok. The problem is ok won't do it, and Chicago is just too good. Plenty of blame to go around, but the offense by committee thing is failing too. 

Making the 2nd round is still progress for MN, and if they can get their musical goalies situation figured out they should be fine for next year. Heatley is 7.5 mil off the books right there.

As for the Kings...damn. They have that focused, get the hell out of our way look from a couple of years ago. 

Im about to kill this guy. Daniel Carcillo has more goals this playoffs than Nash does in his career. Not to mention his goal totals have gone down every season. He was given the chance here to win a cup and show that he was just being held back in that shitty system. So far he has done the opposite of that.

how many years do you guys have left with him?  he did a long-term contract, right?

I love that MAF has two shutouts, but are they shutouts because of MAF or because of the Rangers inability to do much of anything?  im still holding back my expectations and enthusiasms for MAF just because, you know... 

Henry is unreal.  he's so good in net.

Anybody want to put a guess on how many games Minnesota wins in the Chicago series.

I expect the Hawks to lose a game in Minnesota. Maybe both games, the Wild are a good team. But we seem to play well in game 6's on the road. I said it 3 weeks ago, give the Hawks 7 games and we will win. Might not be pretty but coach Q can dial in that lineup in 7 games.

I expect the Hawks to lose a game in Minnesota. Maybe both games, the Wild are a good team. But we seem to play well in game 6's on the road. I said it 3 weeks ago, give the Hawks 7 games and we will win. Might not be pretty but coach Q can dial in that lineup in 7 games.

For the record I am a Nashville fan and would love nothing more than for the Wild to beat Chicago. Minnesota just doesn't have the defense or the goaltending to compete with Chicago. That Chicago lineup is pretty sick with at least 3 fowards that are in the top 20 of the NHL and Kane is probably the best forward in the league as far as I'm concerned. Well at least we hired a good coach today.  That Kings- Hawks series is gonna be a war though.

how many years do you guys have left with him?  he did a long-term contract, right?

I love that MAF has two shutouts, but are they shutouts because of MAF or because of the Rangers inability to do much of anything?  im still holding back my expectations and enthusiasms for MAF just because, you know... 

Henry is unreal.  he's so good in net.

I wouldnt say inability to do much of anything. Its more so because they arent making quality shots. Passing too much. Fleury has made a few good saves (Zuccarello and St. Louis). But if it wasnt for the posts saving him 4 times last night it wouldve been a completely different game. But the Rangers arent really getting to the front of the net. And when they do shoot the puck it usually goes right into his logo. Also Derek Stepan seemed to have forgotten how to shoot. 

Might not be pretty but coach Q can dial in that lineup in 7 games.

I can dial in that lineup in 7 games.  

I think I could do it in 5...

Anybody want to put a guess on how many games Minnesota wins in the Chicago series. I say one if they are lucky. Colorado would have had a chance against Chicago. Minnesota doesn't have a prayer. They have no defense and no goaltending which won't get you very far. Can't believe Ryan Suter left Nashville for Minnesota. Its not like Minnesota is winning a cup anytime soon with that squad. And for the record I hope I'm wrong cause God knows I don't want to Chicago win another cup!

No D, no goalies, I know it's easy to chirp after the fact, but they shut out one of the most potent offenses in the league tonight.  Only the Mighty Duck Fucks had a higher goals for average in the regular season.  Must be at least a little D, and a little goal tending to offer to be in the final 8, period.  (How far do you have to get to qualify for "very far"?)  After all, they did rank 7 of 30 in team GA this year...  [Chicago 12th]  I'm not sure where you're getting your ideas.  This is a team that's been trending upward, and I don't see any reason or anything that will hinder the ascent for the next many years.