NHL Discussion

haha  Yeah, kids are funny.  There's nothing like the high school hockey scene in Minnesota.  If you're a hockey fan at all, I recommend checking out the state hockey tournament at the Xcel Energy Center (Wild's home ice) in St. Paul first week of March at least once.  It's a 2 class, 4 day tournament.  The bigger class will sell the place out at least 1 if not 2 of the nights, and it's some of the most entertaining hockey you'll find.  I suppose if you're not from here & don't know the history of the players & teams it's not quite what it would be as if you're from here.  But the rivalries/histories run real deep between some schools.  There's the northern Minnesota vs metro area rivalries.  Public schools vs private.  Of course the cross town/division/conference rivals.  The "cake eater" rich city schools that everyone else hates.  I forget where I heard it's one of the more prestigious high school tournaments in the country.  I'll take a group of kids playing their asses off for a championship they've dreamed of their entire life, or even just pride/bragging rights over a rival, over watching a group of rich pros any day.  The emotion in celebrated goals/wins compared to a pro doesn't compare.  It's almost boring to see pros score and be next to emotionless most the regular season [in comparison], and even some playoff goals.  This is the league we've watched the likes of TJ Oshie, Paul Martin, Nick Leddy, Ryan McDonagh, David Backes, Anders Lee, Herb Brooks play as high schoolers.  Ok I didn't see Herb Brooks, he was a few years before my time.  Today's kids aren't as wild as we used to be, but the game is still the same.

Keep your eye on craigslist, too.  I've got some awesome deals days of concerts or games watching stubhub & craigslist like a hawk.  People get desperate as the clock ticks.  Obviously CL is least desirable as you have to deal with some idiot as opposed to just click print & be done with it, but it's worked well for me on numerous occasions, both buying & selling.  There's nothing that would keep me out of the building if we had a game 7 at home...  Damn Colorado.

When I was a sophomore in high school, our schools fans and our cross town rivals fans got into a huge brawl. I left like 5 minutes before it happened. The games were always packed, and we had chants like, "fuck em up flyers fuck em up" we'd yell at the refs, make fun of the other teams players. They went to the state finals and lost. They then got onto the news for destroying the locker room at the arena they played in. Great memories.

I FUCKING HATE YOU SOMETIMES SATHER. OF ALL PEOPLE, CARCILLO?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. FIRST YOU SIGN MIKE RUPP. THEN YOU SIGN AARON FUCKING ASHAM. NOW YOU BRING IN THIS GOON?! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Simmer down, I wasn't a huge fan when the Kings got him but he's calmed his game down a lot and was actually pretty useful on the energy line and was defensively responsible. Could do a lot worse.

No you see Sean Avery wasnt hated by the entire Rangers fanbase when we got him. He also never sucked punched and then beat the shit out of one of our superstars unlike this dickhead. Sean Avery made the Rangers a better team on multiple occasions. Only reason he isnt in the league/on the team anymore is because of Torts. Thats the thing Ian, he's calmed down. We dont need another guy who has calmed down his game if youre bringing in a dude like this, they need a guy who will at the drop of a dime go beat the shit out of someone. This guy is just an asshole. And I legit despise him. Every Rangers fan despises him. Fuck Daniel Carcillo

Carcillo will still stick up for his teammates he's just more disciplined. You guys will eat it up and love him by the end of the month.

Do I hope that happens? Of course. But I doubt it does. 

ah, there we go :)