NHL Discussion

Dude seriously. Dejan Kovacevic needs to take off his Pens jersey. Its fucking playoff hockey. Marc Staal is one of the cleanest players in the game. Stop bitching about a net battle that happens in every game. Just because Pierre McGuire decided to highlight a crosscheck that went a little high doesnt mean Marc fucking Staal of all people is a villain. Dude has had 254 penalty minutes in 460 games.....the guys a clean player. 

Speaking of TSN/Canada, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but does the average American know anything about Canada whatsoever? Like, provinces, capitals, government, etc...

Maybe not the average american. But I like to think I know quite a bit thanks to the NHL and my favorite pro wrestlers coming from Canada. I guess touring helped too. 

What Id say the average American knows about Canada.: Poutine, Toronto, Montreal is French (they hate the French), Calgary, Vancouver, Mounties, you say "aboot", hockey, its cold, and that America is better. 

Maybe not the average american. But I like to think I know quite a bit thanks to the NHL and my favorite pro wrestlers coming from Canada. I guess touring helped too.

What Id say the average American knows about Canada.: Poutine, Toronto, Montreal is French (they hate the French), Calgary, Vancouver, Mounties, you say "aboot", hockey, its cold, and that America is better.

Lol. Who did you tour with? Did you ever make it to edmonton?

By the way I hear you guys dont have the wide selection of Oreo's that we do here. That sucks man. My friend has to drive a hour and change into America to get her hands on some of them. Also apparently Wal Mart isnt a thing up there. Who knew?

Youre joking about Walmart, right? They're everywhere. As for Oreos, nope. Same goes for all pop/snacks/candy. You guys have way more variety of that stuff. Also, a 15 pack of PBR costs me $23. And that's here in Alberta, it's more expensive everywhere else.

Dude seriously. Dejan Kovacevic needs to take off his Pens jersey. Its fucking playoff hockey. Marc Staal is one of the cleanest players in the game. Stop bitching about a net battle that happens in every game. Just because Pierre McGuire decided to highlight a crosscheck that went a little high doesnt mean Marc fucking Staal of all people is a villain. Dude has had 254 penalty minutes in 460 games.....the guys a clean player. 

well he is a Pens beat writer, so he's obviously going to be bias.  I dont remember the plays, but he wasnt the only one in Pittsburgh making a stink about the cross checks to crosbys head, it was apparently more than one?  

Looks like the trend continues, the Hawks haven't won a game 3 on the road in 5 years. Great game by the Wild. Not sure wtf the Hawks were doing taking all those shots from the top of the circle. Not sure I agree with coach Q's lineup. Brookbank and Bollig? Should have had Morin and Leddy in there. Benching Leddy is bizarre, must have really gotten under Q's skin or something. Probably will be a completely different 4th line and 3rd D pairing next game.

Speaking of TSN/Canada, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but does the average American know anything about Canada whatsoever? Like, provinces, capitals, government, etc...

lol I don't.  I remember 6th grade we were taught every country in the world.  (Minus Africa.  Ran out of time?  Racist?  Can't compute.)  But was never taught anything about Canada.  Anything I do know about Canadian geography is thanks to the NHL or talking to Canadian girls online.  I think you're giving the average American too much credit, KennyMufuckinPowers.  If there was a reality TV show or a food named after it offered in a fast food drive-thru, then maybe.  

Speaking of all these snack treats, I heard from some online friends that Canadian Skittles are all the rage, and taste way better than American Skittles.  I also heard there wasn't much difference.  What is the true answer to this perplexing quandary?

I would literally fucking kill to have Wild Cherry Pepsi on every store shelf in Canada. It's by far the greatest part about going to the US. 

No Cherry Pepsi??  I'd think you would be striking up deals with VC members to ship up cases!  And NOT at flipper prices!!  Do you at least have Cherry Coke...?  I had a can of that this morning, a delicious treat.

I can dial in that lineup in 7 games.  

I think I could do it in 5...

No D, no goalies, I know it's easy to chirp after the fact, but they shut out one of the most potent offenses in the league tonight.  Only the Mighty Duck Fucks had a higher goals for average in the regular season.  Must be at least a little D, and a little goal tending to offer to be in the final 8, period.  (How far do you have to get to qualify for "very far"?)  After all, they did rank 7 of 30 in team GA this year...  [Chicago 12th]  I'm not sure where you're getting your ideas.  This is a team that's been trending upward, and I don't see any reason or anything that will hinder the ascent for the next many years.

Yes that was a good win for the Wild against last night but I have a hard time seeing them do that regularly. The forwards for the Wild are very good but most hockey fans probably couldn't  name a defenseman on the Wild other than Ryan Suter. Maybe Stoner or Spurgeon. They have also played at least 5 goaltenders this year and I know that was mostly due to injuries. Bryz looked good last night but not sure he could do that  for 3 more games. Yes the Wild have been trending upwards the past couple of years. Second round is decent but I hardly consider that far. I hope the Wild win I really do cause I hate the Hawks. It is going to be hard for anyone to ascend as long as Chicago is the Central. I believe our division is the toughest division in hockey.

lol I don't.  I remember 6th grade we were taught every country in the world.  (Minus Africa.  Ran out of time?  Racist?  Can't compute.)  But was never taught anything about Canada.  Anything I do know about Canadian geography is thanks to the NHL or talking to Canadian girls online.  I think you're giving the average American too much credit, KennyMufuckinPowers.  If there was a reality TV show or a food named after it offered in a fast food drive-thru, then maybe.  

Speaking of all these snack treats, I heard from some online friends that Canadian Skittles are all the rage, and taste way better than American Skittles.  I also heard there wasn't much difference.  What is the true answer to this perplexing quandary?

No Cherry Pepsi??  I'd think you would be striking up deals with VC members to ship up cases!  And NOT at flipper prices!!  Do you at least have Cherry Coke...?  I had a can of that this morning, a delicious treat.

The true believers know which convenience stores stock cherry coke, there's usually like one store in each town that stocks cherry and vanilla coke and usually a bunch of Arizona iced tea flavours. Cherry coke is way more popular here than WCP is. 

Coffee Crisp I always forget is only Canadian. There's a coffee crisp bottled milkshake you can buy in stores that's top notch. Can't attest to the skittles, I've never had merican ones