NHL Discussion

Even though I'm a hockey fan for maaaaybe 60 days a year, I still have to question the fact that none of you are even acknowledging the bruins and habs series

I think this is a pretty easy one. Primarily an American message board so I can understand the lack of MTL fans. American's don't seem to be into anything too French. 

Bruins are only enjoyed by Bruins fans almost exclusively. Even if you think you may like them, the second they play your team you instantly hate them. 

Combine these two factors with the fact that neither side can stop fucking whining about penalty calls or embellishment and act like they're not always in the top 5 teams always complaining about and better yet, doing these kinds of things just sours a lot of hockey fans. Why watch a game determined by who can do less dumb shit when the west is putting together some top notch series full of great hockey. BOS/MTL is theatrics and hype and living in Canada right now makes my brain explode with the stupidity on either end. The stellar play of Price vs Rask is being overshadowed by bullshit. 

Yeah I looked up tickets for game 7. Not gonna lie. Id take the trip out to Pitt. Im not getting my hopes up but Im feeling great. It sounds shitty (and I mean it in the least shitty way possible haha), but Marty's mom dying gave the team the boost they needed. They are showing emotion. Marty's scoring. This is great! Now if only someone could light a fire under Nash's ass, that'd be great.

Yeah I looked up tickets for game 7. Not gonna lie. Id take the trip out to Pitt. Im not getting my hopes up but Im feeling great. It sounds shitty (and I mean it in the least shitty way possible haha), but Marty's mom dying gave the team the boost they needed. They are showing emotion. Marty's scoring. This is great! Now if only someone could light a fire under Nash's ass, that'd be great.

you will get to see the Yes! movement take over Consol if you come.  Bryan made a video for the Pens, its amazing.  im sure he's done it for other teams, but pittsburgh uberobsession with WWE, its insane.  

I loved how everyone was all "we dont mean to trivialize this, but..." every time they brought up Marty's mother/family.  for the last two games... its been borderline obnoxious.  being mothers day, im sure it gave Marty some drive that he lacked in the first four games, they've been a different team these last two games.  Game 7 is going to be intense.

Josh Yohe tweeted that the last two people in the lockerroom last night after everyone left was number 87 and number 66.  the last couple times 66 has come into the locker room after a game they bounced back big time.  we'll see what happens.

As a Bruins fan, it's really hard to have any complaints about the Tyler Seguin trade seeing how Smith, Eriksson and Fraser are playing. 

You each got what you needed. No question Boston got a ton of depth and way more out of Smith than ever expected but Dallas got the man to play with Benn which has long been a #1 priority. One of the best deals for both teams that I can think of in a long time. 

You each got what you needed. No question Boston got a ton of depth and way more out of Smith than ever expected but Dallas got the man to play with Benn which has long been a #1 priority. One of the best deals for both teams that I can think of in a long time. 

yup, perfect trade for both teams.  

Saw something a few pages back about both Montreal and Boston whining a lot. I honest to god can't stand either the Boston or Montreal media during this series haha. Fighting on Twitter about press room decorum, and poor writing and what not. I just wanna watch Hockey. 

Completely agree. I don't think Seguin would ever hit his full potential in Boston. Just a non-perfect fit. I think he'll be much better off in Dallas, and I think Loui and Smith were great additions. 

I think this is a pretty easy one. Primarily an American message board so I can understand the lack of MTL fans. American's don't seem to be into anything too French. 

Bruins are only enjoyed by Bruins fans almost exclusively. Even if you think you may like them, the second they play your team you instantly hate them. 

Combine these two factors with the fact that neither side can stop fucking whining about penalty calls or embellishment and act like they're not always in the top 5 teams always complaining about and better yet, doing these kinds of things just sours a lot of hockey fans. Why watch a game determined by who can do less dumb shit when the west is putting together some top notch series full of great hockey. BOS/MTL is theatrics and hype and living in Canada right now makes my brain explode with the stupidity on either end. The stellar play of Price vs Rask is being overshadowed by bullshit. 

i quite like this response. thank you.