NHL Discussion

As much as I love the Wild, I'm thinking the Hawks will win this in seven. The biggest difference between the Avs and the Hawks is their defensemen. They're leaps and bounds better than Colorado. They completely shutdown the Blues power play, and that's something we need to be good at to stand a chance in this series. I also really hope Kuemper is playing, and not Bryz. I don't trust him one bit.

We may have won the series in the regular season, but the playoffs are a completely different animal. One reason we were effective is getting to them at the forecheck and disrupting their defensemen. While we didn't do well against them last year, we are much better as we didn't have Pominville, Nino, Granlund, Moulson, etc.

I also really hope Kuemper is playing, and not Bryz. I don't trust him one bit.

While we didn't do well against them last year, we are much better as we didn't have Pominville, Nino, Granlund, Moulson, etc.

What's the beef everyone has with Bryzaglove?  He's in a system that works for him, as he was in, in Phoenix.  As he wasn't in-with Philadelphia, and Edmonton.  I am no pro scout by any means, but he's been lights out for the Wild, minus the last game of the regular season vs Nashville which skewed his stats.  No one was playing that game, nor did anyone care about it.  I'm completely content with either goalie.  Bring in Curry, too, why the hell not.  

Radio feed was saying there are only 4 guys on the team this year that are the same from last year's playoff team...?  Could that be correct or did I hear that wrong?  I think we're gonna give the Blackcocks all they can handle, and some.  This Wild team is pretty balanced, everywhere, with solid depth.  We don't have a premium name goal tender but these guys can win.  

Toes and Kane are both healthy, right?  Matt Cooke returns game 4, I hope to change that.  I hope he's spending his days off whittling the end of his stick real sharp for a good spear to Duncan Keith's jockey.

Elk River Nate Prosser vs Eden Prairie Nick Leddy.  Leddy should still be wearing a Wild sweater...still disgusted at that trade...  They've made some good moves since, but come on...  Terrible.

So fun watching that kid win a state championship his senior year for his home town Eden Prairie.  He was flawless in that tournament.  Good article on him here:

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/107144?referrer_id=

It seems rarer and rarer that a kid trying to be recruited actually stays with his high school program to finish out his career with the kids he grew up playing with.  Nothing but respect for that.  Not that I can hate anyone who would choose to leave for their reasons of maximizing their potential hockey careers, but as a fan of the Minnesota state high school hockey league, I like seeing them hang out.  I think their friends on the team do, too.

Down with Nick Leddy!!  I hope the series is as entertaining as the Colorado.  I think there was a rival made in that series, no love lost, and I have a feeling when the puck drops for regular season action next year, the two teams will be flashing back to the playoffs.  Blackcocks are an old school rival of the Minnesota North Stars, I'd like to see that renewed.  

Hopefully the Bruins can steal it from the Canadiens in a 4 game sweep but that's only in my highest dreams. It'll probably be a nail biter to say the least and go all 7 games. Because my genetic cardiac issues aren't enough according to the NHL.

oh, hey west side. easthampton over here.