NHL Discussion

why do pens fans hate byslma so much?  i honestly don't know.  he won a cup with y'all at some point...

that was quite a surprise for the rags.  i'm happy for them.  i don't know...  i have mixed feelings.  i feel the same about marty as i did before, but i do feel bad about him losing his mom and despite the contrived media fascination, it is great that the team seemed to rally around him.  (that goal he scored was "eh".  i half felt good for him, half knew the contrived shit was about to begin...  it just bounced off him, he barely had to do anything but have his body be in a lucky spot, but i won't deny a goal's a goal).

I hate myself for it but im standing by my comment of whoever won 5 will win 6. Hopefully the Kings can play without their heads in their asses for a whole game to not get in a hole and try to crawl back late in the game. Its pretty amazing how not having Mitchell & Regehr changes how the D plays. I've actually liked Schultz but man Greener has been bad and Muzzin & Martinez were a special kind of terrible last night.

What really sucks is if they go to 7 ill miss the game because ill be at a wedding.

i WANT them to go to 7.  even if they don't end up winning.  the more they can tire the ducks out, the better.

i agree.  the key to winning is playing a full 60.  i'm so sick of them only playing 1 or 2 periods.  and omg, ya...  fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, it was pretty painful watching greene blatantly whiff on the chance to get his stick on the puck and out of the zone right before they scored that 3rd or 4th goal.  it was like slo mo for me.  i saw that puck go right out of his millisecond of control on over to whoever it was DSP or silfverberg and i knew what was about to happen.  i thought greene was good the first game he came back, but last night....  ahhhhhhh.  :(

Great game. That was one for ESPN Classic. I'd say we won because we just plain outlasted the Wild. Seemed like the last five minutes of the 3rd and the whole OT we just went on experience and conditioning because we got outplayed for a large part of that game. And yeah, Kane just seems to find a way late in games. I thought Toews game was dominant tonight.

Chugged a beer and tossed it at my idiot Pens fan friend in Matt's honour. 

MY MAN!

I think it would have been more impressive if they hadn't cried about it publicly a few times.

They did it one night after their worst game of the series. 

What's the over/under on how much Matt spends on Conf Final tickets? 

Honestly saving up for the cup just in case. Unless its another do or die game 6, I might have to sell some vinyl. 

Im confident in the Rangers beating any team left. Boston scares me the most. As does LA. But overall, I know for a fact we can bear Chicago since we did in the regular season. And its great fashion might I add. Montreal scares me because we cant win in Montreal unless Talbot is in net it seems. But its the playoffs so Hank will be much more focused. LA thought, I dont know man. I dont wanna face Gaborik. He kills Hank every time he plays him. If LA didnt have Gabby I wouldnt be scared. But they do now. Nash needs to really step up, us advancing will ultimately depend on him. The Zucc, Pouliot, and Brassard line has been carrying this team. Richards has been as well, no way we buy that dude out this summer. Thank god we ended before MTL/BOS. We needed the rest. For selfish reasons I need Anaheim and Montreal to close it out tomorrow. Ill win the bracket challenge if they do. 

MY MAN!

They did it one night after their worst game of the series. 

Honestly saving up for the cup just in case. Unless its another do or die game 6, I might have to sell some vinyl. 

Im confident in the Rangers beating any team left. Boston scares me the most. As does LA. But overall, I know for a fact we can bear Chicago since we did in the regular season. And its great fashion might I add. Montreal scares me because we cant win in Montreal unless Talbot is in net it seems. But its the playoffs so Hank will be much more focused. LA thought, I dont know man. I dont wanna face Gaborik. He kills Hank every time he plays him. If LA didnt have Gabby I wouldnt be scared. But they do now. Nash needs to really step up, us advancing will ultimately depend on him. The Zucc, Pouliot, and Brassard line has been carrying this team. Richards has been as well, no way we buy that dude out this summer. Thank god we ended before MTL/BOS. We needed the rest. For selfish reasons I need Anaheim and Montreal to close it out tomorrow. Ill win the bracket challenge if they do. 

Lol.  The Rangers will not beat Boston.  You better pray Montreal wins and Anaheim flukes out beating LA and Chicago if you want them to have a chance.

They can beat Boston. In 7, but they can do it. It'll come down to goaltending and after tonight I think we all know who the best in the league is. Nash needs to start scoring and when he does, like that dude above said look out. 

I always hate the "if this guy starts scoring" reasoning.  You could also say, if Krejci starts scoring, boom, game over.

Also, I don't think you can crown (pun not intended) Hank the best in the league.  Top 5?  Yeah.  Top 3?  Maybe.  But definitely not the best because of a great game.  And yes, I realize he's money in game 7's, but that's hardly everything.

And I know you just love the Rangers, and I'm half bugging you.  GO BRUINS.   

I always hate the "if this guy starts scoring" reasoning.  You could also say, if Krejci starts scoring, boom, game over.

Also, I don't think you can crown (pun not intended) Hank the best in the league.  Top 5?  Yeah.  Top 3?  Maybe.  But definitely not the best because of a great game.  And yes, I realize he's money in game 7's, but that's hardly everything.

And I know you just love the Rangers, and I'm half bugging you.  GO BRUINS.   

Who is the best in the league? Did you see those saves he was making tonight? Unreal. It wasnt just one too, it was like 5 within minutes. Also those games against the B's, we didnt have St. Louis. Thats a huge addition. 

I reallllllly want to see AV put Kreider and Marty together. Game 6 they were on ice for 1 shift together and it was incredible. Bump Nash down to the second line to light a fire under his ass and lets see both lines start really lighting the lamp.