NHL Discussion

None of the Leafs goals should count.  The world would be such a better place if the Toronto Maple Leafs didn't exist.  Then I wouldn't have to listen to their idiotic fans on a daily basis.

You'd miss them....seems like they are fun to hate, especially in these parts. Every team has their share of annoying fans, TO just has plenty since their market/reach is so huge. I guess I don't entirely understand the hate, since I'm in the US.

How many other teams could have fans @ an away game in a 105k stadium, and have an audible chant going 5 minutes into the game?

All in good fun though (at least for me)

You'd miss them....seems like they are fun to hate, especially in these parts. Every team has their share of annoying fans, TO just has plenty since their market/reach is so huge. I guess I don't entirely understand the hate, since I'm in the US.

How many other teams could have fans @ an away game in a 105k stadium, and have an audible chant going 5 minutes into the game?

Put the Habs and the Rangers in a stadium that size and I bet the same thing happens.

I would not miss them in the least and I definately would not miss their fans.

You might not be able to fill up a stadium the size of the Big House because no other team in the league has fans as stupid as Leaf fans.  I know people who paid $200+ a ticket to sit a country mile from the ice.

that's a good read.  i did hear poile say, at the winter classic postgame, something about how USA hasn't won gold in europe so he wanted to take the team in a different direction.

jack johnson is captain america like ryan smyth is captain canada but i agree, his play just hasn't been good enough to earn a spot.  maybe if there's an injury or maybe in 2018.

I don't care about 4 years ago, he hasn't been good since. It's not a huge coincidence of how good defensively the Kings have been since he was traded.

He might be the most patriotic player in the NHL and he's a very nice guy, but he didn't deserve to make the cut.

I would have to agree.  He doesn't put the numbers up he used to.  I actually wasted a fairly high draft pick on him in my fantasy league this year and he burnt me so bad.  It made me sad.

This kid on my facebook status tried to tell me Paul Martin is one of the top 5 defenseman in the league. And people wonder why I hate the Pens and their fans. 

I forgot that the ice is bigger this year. Which is apparently why Bobby Ryan was left off the list but how the fuck does Blake Wheeler make it over him?? 

I still think Jack Johnson would have been a good pick. I think his struggles this year is because of the pressures of making Team USA to be completely honest.

This kid on my facebook status tried to tell me Paul Martin is one of the top 5 defenseman in the league. And people wonder why I hate the Pens and their fans. 

I forgot that the ice is bigger this year. Which is apparently why Bobby Ryan was left off the list but how the fuck does Blake Wheeler make it over him?? 

I still think Jack Johnson would have been a good pick. I think his struggles this year is because of the pressures of making Team USA to be completely honest.

how many better defensive defensemen from the USA are there than Paul Martin?  he's not a top5 dman in the entire league, thats just silly, but for Team USA, there arent many better.  plus, with Orpik being named to the team now you've got a physical shutdown pair on D and they're regulars together on the PK.  its not necessarily about taking the best of the best, its about taking the best that can play together to win gold.

Johnson isn't that good of a defenseman. He makes to many mistakes, and although he has shown some promise, in my eyes he hasn't proven he is worthy of making the Olympic team let alone an All Star team. Poile was smart for leaving him off the team.

Bobs and Horton off IR finally. Maybe this team can get some action going. Trying to get the game to see how rusty Horton is, but I saw a highlight of a shift and he seemed quick, and had a really good scoring chance.

e: Also, isn't anyone surprised that Bishop didn't get a keeper spot? Can't say he didn't have a chance, he's been playing really well consistently.

Bobs and Horton off IR finally. Maybe this team can get some action going. Trying to get the game to see how rusty Horton is, but I saw a highlight of a shift and he seemed quick, and had a really good scoring chance.

e: Also, isn't anyone surprised that Bishop didn't get a keeper spot? Can't say he didn't have a chance, he's been playing really well consistently.

very surprised they picked Howard over him. Not to mention how injury riddled Tampa has been and he's STILL getting them wins.