NHL Discussion

What Ian said x1000.  I think many of the European leagues do that, but it won't happen here since it would actually create separation in the playoff race. The NHL would rather have casual fans think their team is still in the playoff race if they're in 10th, 5 points back with 10 games left, even though leapfrogging teams becomes so difficult with 3 point games being the norm as the season winds down.

Bottom line imo is that it doesn't make sense to have some games worth 50% more in points than others.

Don't the Bs want Girardi?

Yup. Which would kill me to send back but hes struggling a lot this season and will command for a huge payday next year. I love G, and dont want to see him go, but if it makes the team better...well....you have to do it. DZ is supposed to go to Ottawa, but they want Methot in return and Ottawa apparently doesnt want to move him. Knowing Sather, he will make the better trade no matter what. But regardless I think he should try and pursue Marchand. Because the Rangers need that shit head.

Don't get me wrong...Phaneuf ain't worth that contract, but I think he gets more than his share of blame for their overall horrific team D. Right now they're just going to limp into the playoffs in the weak East and get killed the first round. Not exactly progress after the choke job last year.

Clarkson's contract is still the one that is mind-boggling. As for Kadri, he'll want a big long term deal next season that the Leafs just don't think he's worth.