NHL Discussion

Man, I miss Bob. We're lucky Mason turned out the way he did and is playing awesome, because that was a fucked up situation. Sign Bryz to a fucking NINE YEAR CONTRACT, get rid of Bobrovsky, Bryz plays like shit and we buy him out, and then Bob goes on to win the Vezina. My God.

The problem with the Flyers is Ed Snider. He gets to involved in player personnel decisions. He was the one who forced Holmgren to sign Bryzgalov to the that 9 year deal. Snider is like the Al davis of hockey. Until Snider sells the team or passes I don't see the Flyers winning the Stanley Cup anytime soon. Plus, when there is a revolving of the good ol' boys club of former Flyers in upper management  it doesn't bode well either. They need to change the culture in the organization, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Whats even more fucked up is the mason contract. You really can't say "we're lucky mason turned out the way he did" It's the same exactly deal as bryz, just slightly less money and only 4 years, which was still dumb. Dude has been regressing like crazy since late November. His sv% since December 1st is like .895

3 years. watching every game, i think it's a fine deal. defense is the problem right now. they attribute to most of the goals that go in on mason. 

3 years. watching every game, i think it's a fine deal. defense is the problem right now. they attribute to most of the goals that go in on mason.

3 years? mason has given philly average goaltending for half of a year and philly throws him a big multi year contract. he's a career .906 sv%. bryz is a career .913, and was around .920~ when philly signed him.

3 years? mason has given philly average goaltending for half of a year and philly throws him a big multi year contract. he's a career .906 sv%. bryz is a career .913, and was around .920~ when philly signed him.

I think they should have waited until the end of the year to decide about Mason. They rushed in to the decision. Wouldn't surprise me if Snider had some say into. In my opinion, if they wanted to pay $4+ million for a goalie then I want a guy similar to Jonas Hiler. To me Mason isn't even close to him at all.

I think they should have waited until the end of the year to decide about Mason. They rushed in to the decision. Wouldn't surprise me if Snider had some say into. In my opinion, if they wanted to pay $4+ million for a goalie then I want a guy similar to Jonas Hiler. To me Mason isn't even close to him at all.

or antti niemi who's making 3.8

I think NSH won that Del Zotto trade. They send away a meh defender and roll the dice a bit. Worst case scenario Del Zotto won't be worse than Klein and they have a ton of cap room to play with. There's a chance though that a simple change of scenery may snap him back into producing like he did in his rookie season. 

Thought on the Klein/DZ trade: I dont like it. But its not horrible. He only costs 2.9 for another 4 years. He is a defensive Dman who Sather feels with fit very well into our system. If he can play shut down and kill it, he will be absolutely loved in NY. We need/wanted a righty pretty bad. I think they could have gotten more for DZ. Because I know he will figure it out somewhere else. He should be pretty good for Nashville in years to come but he just couldnt play in NY. Good fucking riddance.  Apparently were also interested in Erat. I wouldnt give up much for a guy with zero goals. Maybe a mid/late pick or two. Nothing more. And if not? Then fuck it. Dont need him. 

I can't believe my Nashville Predators with all these trades. Love the Hendricks trade as he was signed until the end of the eternity and was pretty terrible. Rich Clune does the same thing and is a lot cheaper. Don't know much about Del Zotto but Klein was going to be traded to someone when Jones fell to number 4 in the draft. Nashville  has no shortage of good defenseman in Milwaukee as well.. Not a big fan of all these long terms deals Poile has been handing out. Weber, Josi, Rinne and the Hornqvist deals I am ok with but the Nystrom, Stalberg, Hendricks deals were head scratchers. Trotz still needs to be fired and Poile has redeemed himself with clearing this cap space but he has had better years for sure. Just watching the Hawks/Bruins game the other day and thinking if Nashville had just a Patrick Sharp or a Marian Hossa they would be drastically better. They have got to to get a top 6 forward and the only way to do that is pay a lot of money or be terrible for years like the Hawks were.

He fucking sucks defensively. I really dont understand why you would trade for him especially since you just drafted Seth Jones. Completely forgot you even had him. Wow. What a stupid fucking move on the Preds part. Jones is gonna make him look even more terrible than he is because at least Jones hits the fucking net. I feel completely different on this trade now! Sorry you have to deal with that shit bag man.

I think you will like Klein. He is a stand up guy. One of our fan favorites for sure. He has had a rough year defensively but so has everyone minus Shea Weber with Rinne being hurt. I hope Del Zotto gets a fresh start here. Can't be easy playing for the Rangers. Probably take some pressure off of him but if steps out of line Trotz will scratch him quicker than quick. Only Weber is left now from the 2003 defenseman class we drafted.

I really dont want him or his cap hit for the next few years. But I mean, if we can get him for a bag of pucks and he puts up 50-60 points here.....I cant be too upset that that. As long as Hagelin isnt traded. Also its not Dolan, its Sather. Dolan doesnt give 2 fucks about the Rangers nor does he have any say in it. And thank fucking god. Because look at the Knicks. When he did it was the early 2000's/late 90's. And look how shitty those teams were. It was all about just bringing in superstars (the Dolan way). Guys a fucking moron. I fucking WISH someone would give me 2 billion just so I could buy them off of him. Id actually care about the team, lower ticket prices, more promotions, and hold more events for the fans. I also wouldnt make the players pay for tickets for their family/friends anymore either. I could take away a company box/suite or two and make them player VIP only. I'd also lower the amount of suits who buy up all the lower bowl seats that either never fill them, or just go to the game just to go. Not because they actually care. Sell the seats cheaper to actual fans (because they would actually buy them). Fuck. Someone give me 2 billion stat.

In the last few pages the #1 and #2 longest serving coaches in the NHL have been called out to be fired by a fan of their team. Sometime this thread hurts my head. Again, Trotz is pretty much the reason that NSH (with the exception of last year) has consistently performed above standards in a very tough western conference. 

Matt's going to be happy.  

And now that frees up Weber to come to Edmonton!!!  i kid, i kid...

oh man, this is so good

There used to be a hockey franchise alone at the top

They became the team that won five Stanley Cups

Fans remained a group that was pleased with their club

But did you know that Kevin Lowe

Was then put in charge and he made them a bad hockey team?

Baby, I compare you to a team Kevin Lowe got to make

Ooh the more I see of you

The worse you appear, yeah

Maybe once Lowe is removed

The team will improve in their play?

There is so much a fan can tell you

So much they can take

Lowe remains in power, forever their pain, baby

To Daryl Katz he's an addiction that he can't deny

Won't you tell him it's unhealthy, someone?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-presents-kiss-lowe-frustrated-oilers-fans-201608374--nhl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter