NHL Discussion

Fuck the tinted visor guy, i am a normal visor guy.

I play too physical and run my mouth too much to run w/ a cage, i only started wearing the visor cause my face got cut by a skate. Theres a dude in my league who runs the mirrored visor, needless to say hes my mortal enemy.

I wear a cage, because my face is my money maker. But honestly, I don't really wanna get hurt doing something I don't make money doing. If I got paid to play hockey, it'd be a different story,

I edited my post above, but i know that feeling. I took a skate blade to face a few years back when i didnt wear a visor, now i look like Guy Boucher (jk it healed pretty good, but there is a scar). I rocked a cage for a little bit after but hated it.

when marchand missed the empty net, "there must be angels in this outfield"

WHAT??!!!

ya, he says a lot of dumb shit. I think he also refers to some plays as "larceny". makes me want to gag. it's worse when both he and Pierre are on the same broadcast. oh shit, wait Pierre is here, too. :(

Yeah I can't do em, I play d so I've had a few close calls with pucks and sticks near my face but thankfully nothing major.

I'm pretty sure Avery was at my first time back on the ice after it happened.

ya, I remember that happening. I don't know if I saw that 2nd pic where the blood is just seeping out though. yikes, haha. reminds me of the player I saw on the most recent 24/7 (forgot who) who got such a deep laceration, it looked like he got a new mouth elsewhere on his body. bleghhhhhhh.

did you get that cut in '08 or '09? the game I went to was sometime in 2009 (I only remember because I was pregnant and way too tired to grab post game pizza with everyone). at that point, you didn't have any gnarly stitches anymore.

Wasn't a kid drafted from Florida recently?

Shayne Gostisbehere played in south Florida and on the same travel squirt team as I.

Hockey isn't the most popular thing obviously. But there's always enough for a couple solid travel teams. If you're playing sports here though it's typically football or baseball